Hooda Jeered by Hostile Crowd in Modi's Presence
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was today left red faced as a hostile crowd hooted at him at a function in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's presence, following which the angry Congress leader said he would boycott such events with PM.
Hooda faced the embarrassment during the foundation stone laying function of a highway project by Modi here. As he rose to deliver his speech, the crowd gathered there raised slogans against him and the Congress government.
As Hooda hurriedly continued to read out from his prepared speech, Modi waved to the crowds urging them to remain calm.
However, the people were in no mood to pay heed and continued to interrupt the chief minister's speech, which was lost in the din.
There was continuous hooting against the two-time Chief Minister of Haryana, who goes to polls in October, and pro-Modi slogans were raised, much to Hooda's discomfort.
Later, a fuming Chief Minister blamed BJP for the incident.
Speaking to reporters, Hooda said that the BJP "has not done a right thing" with him. "I will not participate in any such function of the Prime Minister in future," he said.
Hooda said that it was an official function and the BJP has violated the "sanctity" of the occasion and added he will stay away from such events in future.
Amid hot and sultry weather conditions, police and other security personnel faced a tough time controlling the crowds, which barged into the media enclosure as Modi began his speech after laying the foundation stone of the highway project.
Besides Hooda, the other Congress leader present at the function was Haryana PWD (Bridge & Roads) Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala.
Notably, a number of BJP leaders from the state including many party MPs from Haryana, besides Birender Singh, who recently joined the saffron party after deserting Congress, were also present on the occasion.
Hooda spoke at the function after Union Minister of State for Transport Krishan Pal Gurjar and Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had addressed the gathering.
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10