Hockey: India Beat Bangladesh, Clinch Series 3-0
Continuing its dominating performance, Indian men's hockey defeated Bangladesh 3-1 in the third and final match to clean sweep the series 3-0 in Dhaka today.
India started the match with their attacking game and achieved their first goal in sixth minute through forward Yuvraj Walmiki. After the early success, India tried to create more opportunities in the first half but Bangladeshi defenders managed to restrict the Indian attack.
In the second half, India came back with a better plan and managed to earn a penalty in 38th minute. Drag-flicker Gurjinder Singh converted the penalty corner into a beautiful goal to give India a 2-0 lead.
Bangladesh fought back hard after conceding two goals and managed to score a goal in 56th minute through Pushkor Khisa Mimu. Indian skipper Vikram Kanth scored the third goal for his team in 57th minute and helped his team to remain unbeaten in the series.
"This series was a good experience for us. All the players got enough chance and opportunity to take their skills to another level. We need to improve more on penalty corner conversions and man to man marking. I would also like to appreciate Bangladesh team for their competitive game," India coach Tushar Khandker said.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10