Hockey: India Beat Bangladesh, Clinch Series 3-0
Continuing its dominating performance, Indian men's hockey defeated Bangladesh 3-1 in the third and final match to clean sweep the series 3-0 in Dhaka today.
India started the match with their attacking game and achieved their first goal in sixth minute through forward Yuvraj Walmiki. After the early success, India tried to create more opportunities in the first half but Bangladeshi defenders managed to restrict the Indian attack.
In the second half, India came back with a better plan and managed to earn a penalty in 38th minute. Drag-flicker Gurjinder Singh converted the penalty corner into a beautiful goal to give India a 2-0 lead.
Bangladesh fought back hard after conceding two goals and managed to score a goal in 56th minute through Pushkor Khisa Mimu. Indian skipper Vikram Kanth scored the third goal for his team in 57th minute and helped his team to remain unbeaten in the series.
"This series was a good experience for us. All the players got enough chance and opportunity to take their skills to another level. We need to improve more on penalty corner conversions and man to man marking. I would also like to appreciate Bangladesh team for their competitive game," India coach Tushar Khandker said.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'