Hindutva is Not 'Hindu-ism' But 'Hindu-ness': RSS
Under fire for its chief Mohan Bhagwat's remarks, the RSS today said Hindutva does not mean 'Hindu-ism' but 'Hindu-ness'.
According to Sangh's All-India Prachar Pramukh Manmohan Vaidya, Hindutva is like the flow of the Ganga and what the Sangh chief had said in Mumbai has been conveyed earlier by Rabindranath Tagore and S Radhakrishnan.
Maintaining that Hindutva is the identity of India, he said, "Hindutva does not mean Hindu-ism. It means Hindu-ness."
"Bharat and Hindutva are akin to the flow of the Ganga which assimilates Yamuna and many other rivers and yet maintains its sanctity and harmonious nature and is still known as the Ganga and has been flowing continuously since time immemorial," he said.
"The same was conveyed earlier by Rabindranath Tagore and S Radhakrishnana too, which was reiterated by Mohan Bhagwat during the opening speech of VHP's golden jubilee celebrations at Mumbai," Vaidya said.
During his opening speech at VHP's Golden Jubilee celebrations at Mumbai on Sunday, Bhagwat had said, "Hindustan is a Hindu nation...Hindutva is the identity of our nation and it (Hinduism) can incorporate others (religions) in itself."
Various political parties had attacked the RSS chief for his remarks on Hindutva.
While Congress leader Digvijay Singh described the RSS chief as "Hitler" and said the Sangh should stop "fooling" innocent people by using religion in politics, Samajwadi Party accused the Sangh of practising politics of "hatred and separatism."
Congress leader Manish Tewari alleged that there was a "concerted efforts" to polarise the country on religious lines.
- New Set of Leaked Scorpene Documents Out
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Ronaldo Crowned UEFA Best Player in Europe
- Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital Mogadishu
- SRK, Akshay Among Highest Paid Actors, 'The Rock' Tops List
- Sensex Recovers 85 Pts on Sep F&O Series Take-Off
- Rupee Gains 7 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
- Rudy Van Gelder, Legendary Recorder of Jazz, Dead at 91
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED