Hindutva is Not 'Hindu-ism' But 'Hindu-ness': RSS
Under fire for its chief Mohan Bhagwat's remarks, the RSS today said Hindutva does not mean 'Hindu-ism' but 'Hindu-ness'.
According to Sangh's All-India Prachar Pramukh Manmohan Vaidya, Hindutva is like the flow of the Ganga and what the Sangh chief had said in Mumbai has been conveyed earlier by Rabindranath Tagore and S Radhakrishnan.
Maintaining that Hindutva is the identity of India, he said, "Hindutva does not mean Hindu-ism. It means Hindu-ness."
"Bharat and Hindutva are akin to the flow of the Ganga which assimilates Yamuna and many other rivers and yet maintains its sanctity and harmonious nature and is still known as the Ganga and has been flowing continuously since time immemorial," he said.
"The same was conveyed earlier by Rabindranath Tagore and S Radhakrishnana too, which was reiterated by Mohan Bhagwat during the opening speech of VHP's golden jubilee celebrations at Mumbai," Vaidya said.
During his opening speech at VHP's Golden Jubilee celebrations at Mumbai on Sunday, Bhagwat had said, "Hindustan is a Hindu nation...Hindutva is the identity of our nation and it (Hinduism) can incorporate others (religions) in itself."
Various political parties had attacked the RSS chief for his remarks on Hindutva.
While Congress leader Digvijay Singh described the RSS chief as "Hitler" and said the Sangh should stop "fooling" innocent people by using religion in politics, Samajwadi Party accused the Sangh of practising politics of "hatred and separatism."
Congress leader Manish Tewari alleged that there was a "concerted efforts" to polarise the country on religious lines.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED