Hema Malini's To-Do List: Ending Monkey Menace, Cleaning Yamuna
MP from Mathura Hema Malini today said her priorities would be to bring an end to the monkey menace in Vrindaban, clean the Yamuna river and to tap the region's tourism potential.
The actor-turned-politician said, after consultations with experts and local residents, she would work out a plan to overcome the monkey menace in Vrindaban.
"A plan to set up 'Monkey Safari' will be taken up after consulting the local people. It will facilitate the 40,000-odd monkeys to live in natural environment as the forested areas in Vrindaban is gradually being replaced by concrete jungles," Malini told reporters here this afternoon.
On the Yamuna pollution, she said it would be her first priority to clean the river, and added that she had requested the Prime Minister to include it in the Ganga clean-up programme.
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi has assured me to include cleaning of Yamuna in the Ganga cleaning programme," she said.
"I have also had consultations with ministers Nitin Gadkari and Uma Bharti in this regard," she added.
Malini said she is contemplating to start a cleanliness awareness drive in her constituency, and sought cooperation of the people.
On tourism front, the BJP MP said, "Mathura has immense tourist potential. Efforts would be made to tap it and make Mathura a tourist hub."
She said she would also work on improving power, water, and road infrastructure in her constituency.
The yesteryear actor said she would take initiatives to develop sports and art and culture in the area.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman