Heavy Rains Kill Nearly 40 in Pakistan
Near 40 people including children died due to heavy monsoon rains and related accidents in Pakistan, a police official said today.
Most of the people have died because of the roof collapsing incidents in the largest province in Punjab as a result of continuous heavy rains since last night.
Fifteen people were killed in Lahore where all the roads and streets were flooded, he said.
Two people died when a rooftop caved in due to the heavy downpour in Lahore’s GOR-II area, the newspaper Dawn reported.
One man died and four others were injured in a similar incident in Johar Town. A rescue operation was launched in the area.
Four others, including two children, were killed in similar incidents of roof collapse in the Godhpur and Green Town areas as a result of torrential rains. Three more died when the roof of a house collapsed in Gujranwala district.
Also, three persons were killed and 16 were injured in different areas of Faisalabad due to crashing of roof.
Two brothers were killed and their sister was injured when the roof of their house in Khanewal area collapsed.
In Narowal’s Chandwaal area, a seven-year-old girl died while five others were injured in Muzaffarabad.
In Chiroi and Bhambar areas of Pakistan occupied Kashmir two people including a woman died when their house’s roof caved in.
Also, two siblings died in Manawa and one woman in Samanabad due to electrocution.
The current rain spell has been generated by the first well-marked low pressure of the monsoon season that is moving towards Pakistan via India, moist current from the Bay of Bengal and a trough of Westerly wave persisting over northern parts of the country.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department has send out a warning that it is likely that all rivers in Punjab would be in "very high" to "exceptionally high" flood from tomorrow to September 7 because of expected intensification of the current spell of fairly widespread rains reported from various parts of the country.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman