Have Transferred Family Inheritance to Ujjwala, Rohit: Tiwari
Veteran Congress leader Narain Dutt Tiwari today said that he has formally "transferred" his family and political inheritance to his wife Ujjwala and biological son Rohit Shekhar.
Talking to reporters here Tiwari said, keeping in view 72 years of his political services and age, he has "handed over his political and family inheritance to his wife Ujjwala and son Rohit and declared them as his registered heir."
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister clarified that in past if he had given heir status to anyone through a will or any other document, then it should be considered "null and void" from immediate effect.
The 89-year-old veteran leader said if his name was being used by any private trust, institution or organisation without his approval, it should be considered as "cancelled and ineffective" from today itself.
Speaking on the occasion, Ujjawala said that putting his faith, Tiwari has declared her and son Rohit as his family and political heir.
On being asked whether she would in future contest election from Nainital, constituency of Tiwari, Ujjawala said she would not comment on that as of now.
On a question about whether the Congress leader has declared anyone his heir in the past, she said, her husband has told her nothing like this.
Rohit fought a long legal battle to prove Tiwari his biological father. Later Tiwari accepted Rohit as his "son and Ujjwala as wife."
After the dispute got resolved, Tiwari married Ujjwala on May 15 this year.
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBInterviewMargaret Alva is a former parliamentarian who hasmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED