Have to Go to Pak, Teach Them a Lesson: Sena on Ceasefire Violation
Reacting strongly to repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir, Shiv Sena today said mere calling off talks will not suffice and that India should wage a war against the neighbouring country to teach them a lesson.
"Though the Indian government has decided to call off Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan, it will not be enough to stop the Pakistani rangers from firing at our border posts. We need to go into their (Pakistan's) territory and teach them a lesson," the Sena said in its editorial mouthpiece Saamna.
Though the government has taken the right decision by warning Pakistan against waging "proxy war" against India, the government now needs to initiate offensive operations against the neighbouring country, it further said.
"The government has given them enough warnings to stop attacking our border and waging a proxy war. The PM himself had warned Pakistan. But now we need to go into their territory and attack them. This is what every Indian is now expecting from the government," it added.
If there would have been a Congress government at the Centre at a time when innocent people are being killed by the Pakistani rangers, every political party would have slammed it (government) for its inefficiency in handling the matter, the Sena said.
"But the people of India expect a lot from the new government. We request to prove that a strong government is now in power at the Centre," it said.
Extending ceasefire violations to Samba district, Pakistan troops heavily shelled and fired upon 40 Border Out Posts (BoPs) and 24 villages along the International Border in Jammu and Samba districts, leaving three persons injured.
On Saturday, Pakistani troops fired during the day in Shahpur sub-sector of Poonch, in which two persons were killed and 6 others, including a BSF jawan, injured and five houses suffered damaged, security officials had said.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- Chinese Official Media Slams PM Modi for Balochistan Remarks
- Chopper Scam: Middleman Ready to Meet Indian Cops in Dubai
- Brussels Crime Lab Attacked to 'Destroy Evidence'
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED