Haryana Adds More Than 30 Lakh New Voters in Electoral Roll
More than 30 lakh first-time voters are expected to exercise their franchise in the upcoming Assembly polls in Haryana, likely to be held in October.
According to the state election office, the authorities have added 30,40,975 new names - 15,58,996 male and 14,81,979 female - to the electoral roll.
An election office spokesman said the total number of voters in the state stood at 1,61,58,117 - 87,08,830 male and 74,49,287 female.
In 2009, the total number of voters was 1,31,17,142, of which 71,49,834 were male and 59,67,308 female.
Voters' Lists in Haryana have been updated up to July 31 this year, the spokesman said.
Faridabad district topped the list with 12,20,710 voters - 6,82,521 male and 5,38,189 female. Panchkula district has the lowest number of voters at 3,48,969 -- 1,85,837 male and 1,63,132 female, the spokesman added.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED