Hales Named in England Squad for India ODIs
England have announced a 15-man squad to face India in an ODI series with T20 specialist Alex Hales getting a call-up to the national team.
Hales appears set to become captain Alastair Cook's new opening partner after being named in the Royal London Series squad to face India.
The 25-year-old, uncapped as yet in one-day internationals has played 32 T20 Internationals for England, joins a squad which will be missing frontline seamer Stuart Broad -- due to see a specialist this week to assess what to do about his long-term knee injury.
Back-in-favour Steven Finn has also been named in the squad.
Fast bowler James Anderson is included, despite suggestions that he might benefit from a rest after England concluded their sequence of five back-to-back Test matches with a 3-1 Investec Series victory over India on Sunday.
All-rounder Ben Stokes, who was dropped after the second Test against India, is also in the team.
There is no place for all-rounder and limited-overs regular Ravi Bopara in the squad.
The five-match ODI series begins at Bristol on August 25. It will be followed by a T20 international at Edgbaston on September 7.
England completed a 3-1 Test series win over India with an innings-and-244-run win at The Oval on Sunday.
England one-day squad: Alastair Cook (capt), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Ballance, Ian Bell, Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes.
FROM OUTLOOKSportsNursing a badly bruised ego, a post-surgery Kiwiteam aim to rediscover the elusive art of flying...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNEWS ANALYSISUnpredictable in politics as in cricket, Navjot Simore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESK J M Varma Islamabad, Feb 7 (PTI) Former skmore from WIRES>>>
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED