Hales Named in England Squad for India ODIs
England have announced a 15-man squad to face India in an ODI series with T20 specialist Alex Hales getting a call-up to the national team.
Hales appears set to become captain Alastair Cook's new opening partner after being named in the Royal London Series squad to face India.
The 25-year-old, uncapped as yet in one-day internationals has played 32 T20 Internationals for England, joins a squad which will be missing frontline seamer Stuart Broad -- due to see a specialist this week to assess what to do about his long-term knee injury.
Back-in-favour Steven Finn has also been named in the squad.
Fast bowler James Anderson is included, despite suggestions that he might benefit from a rest after England concluded their sequence of five back-to-back Test matches with a 3-1 Investec Series victory over India on Sunday.
All-rounder Ben Stokes, who was dropped after the second Test against India, is also in the team.
There is no place for all-rounder and limited-overs regular Ravi Bopara in the squad.
The five-match ODI series begins at Bristol on August 25. It will be followed by a T20 international at Edgbaston on September 7.
England completed a 3-1 Test series win over India with an innings-and-244-run win at The Oval on Sunday.
England one-day squad: Alastair Cook (capt), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Ballance, Ian Bell, Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10