Haj Flights From J&K Postponed Due to Flash Floods
Jammu and Kashmir government today postponed Haj flights for three days in view of incessant rains and flash floods in the state.
"Keeping in view the situation due to incessant rains and flash floods in the state, the Haj flights from the state are postponed from September 5 to 7," Minister for Haj and Auqaf, Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here.
Sayeed said the new dates for these flights would be notified separately.
The minister visited the Haj House here to take stock of the situation due to water logging in the area.
He said it is difficult for the pilgrims to reach Srinagar from various districts of the state due to water logging at various places.
The minister was informed that efforts were on for dewatering the Haj House premises.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10