Gujarat Tops Charts in e-Transactions: Report
Gujarat tops the charts in e-transactions across the nation with a 26 per cent share, as per a government report.
"Report of Central government's web portal E-TAAL (E - Transactions Aggregation and Analysis Layer) states that Gujarat tops with over 81.76 crore e-transactions from January 2013 to July 2014, which is 26 per cent of the total e-transactions across the nation," said R S Sharma, Secretary, Electronics and Information Technology Department at the Centre, here yesterday.
"Mobile governance has become a very powerful medium in a range of fields. About 60 to 70 per cent of citizens possess mobiles in our country. And it's a matter of concern to focus upon how to creatively make use of the power of mobile technologies," Sharma further said.
He was speaking at a seminar on mobile governance (m-governance) organised by the state government's Department of Science and Technology here in the run-up to the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Investor Summit 2015.
On the occasion, Gujarat's Science and Technology Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama claimed that the state has made a mark in IT by implementing various projects such as e-Dhara, e-Gram and e-Kisan portal.
"Gujarat has truly put a whole lot of endeavour to achieve the dream of 'Tomorrow India' by means of Information Technology and talent," Chudasama said.
Chief Secretary to state government, Dr Varesh Sinha spoke on how Gujarat is showing a way ahead to the nation in this field.
"Gujarat tops the nation in the successful implementation of e-Kisan portal, GSWAN network, bar-coded ration card and so on. The state also tops in facilitating Internet connection to more than 13,000 villages under e-Gram Vishwagram project," he claimed.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10