Gujarat Tops Charts in e-Transactions: Report
Gujarat tops the charts in e-transactions across the nation with a 26 per cent share, as per a government report.
"Report of Central government's web portal E-TAAL (E - Transactions Aggregation and Analysis Layer) states that Gujarat tops with over 81.76 crore e-transactions from January 2013 to July 2014, which is 26 per cent of the total e-transactions across the nation," said R S Sharma, Secretary, Electronics and Information Technology Department at the Centre, here yesterday.
"Mobile governance has become a very powerful medium in a range of fields. About 60 to 70 per cent of citizens possess mobiles in our country. And it's a matter of concern to focus upon how to creatively make use of the power of mobile technologies," Sharma further said.
He was speaking at a seminar on mobile governance (m-governance) organised by the state government's Department of Science and Technology here in the run-up to the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Investor Summit 2015.
On the occasion, Gujarat's Science and Technology Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama claimed that the state has made a mark in IT by implementing various projects such as e-Dhara, e-Gram and e-Kisan portal.
"Gujarat has truly put a whole lot of endeavour to achieve the dream of 'Tomorrow India' by means of Information Technology and talent," Chudasama said.
Chief Secretary to state government, Dr Varesh Sinha spoke on how Gujarat is showing a way ahead to the nation in this field.
"Gujarat tops the nation in the successful implementation of e-Kisan portal, GSWAN network, bar-coded ration card and so on. The state also tops in facilitating Internet connection to more than 13,000 villages under e-Gram Vishwagram project," he claimed.
- Telangana CM Offers Gold Moustache To Temple
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- After Ornaments, Telangana CM Now Offers Gold Moustache At Another Temple
- Business Models Of E-Tailers Running Out Of Steam, Haven't Worked, Says Mohandas Pai
- Demonetisation Sucked in Cash Like Vacuum Cleaner, Adversely Affected Consumption: IMF Official
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman