Gujarat Tops Charts in e-Transactions: Report
Gujarat tops the charts in e-transactions across the nation with a 26 per cent share, as per a government report.
"Report of Central government's web portal E-TAAL (E - Transactions Aggregation and Analysis Layer) states that Gujarat tops with over 81.76 crore e-transactions from January 2013 to July 2014, which is 26 per cent of the total e-transactions across the nation," said R S Sharma, Secretary, Electronics and Information Technology Department at the Centre, here yesterday.
"Mobile governance has become a very powerful medium in a range of fields. About 60 to 70 per cent of citizens possess mobiles in our country. And it's a matter of concern to focus upon how to creatively make use of the power of mobile technologies," Sharma further said.
He was speaking at a seminar on mobile governance (m-governance) organised by the state government's Department of Science and Technology here in the run-up to the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Investor Summit 2015.
On the occasion, Gujarat's Science and Technology Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama claimed that the state has made a mark in IT by implementing various projects such as e-Dhara, e-Gram and e-Kisan portal.
"Gujarat has truly put a whole lot of endeavour to achieve the dream of 'Tomorrow India' by means of Information Technology and talent," Chudasama said.
Chief Secretary to state government, Dr Varesh Sinha spoke on how Gujarat is showing a way ahead to the nation in this field.
"Gujarat tops the nation in the successful implementation of e-Kisan portal, GSWAN network, bar-coded ration card and so on. The state also tops in facilitating Internet connection to more than 13,000 villages under e-Gram Vishwagram project," he claimed.
FROM OUTLOOKCrystal BallRarely do people actually want to chat, mostly they are there to pick each other up and type...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNEWS ANALYSISIn a letter sent to his employees on Monday, the dmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA consumer organisation today challenged the recenmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED