'Graft Cases Against 157 IAS Officers in Past 10 Years'
As many as 157 IAS officers have alleged corruption cases registered against them in the past ten years while sanction of prosecution has been issued only against 15 of them, according to an RTI reply.
In reply to a query under the Right to Information Act, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said a total of 157 officers have been booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
The charges against these officers range from corruption, taking bribe, causing financial loss to the government, possessing disproportionate assets, irregularities to involvement in various scams.
Sanction for prosecution is still awaited against 142 officers for their alleged involvement in graft cases, the RTI reply said, adding, cases against 71 of these bureaucrats are being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Among theses officers, two were allegedly involved in the cases related to irregularities in Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association, two others were booked in Adarsh Housing Society scam, 12 have been charged of having disproportionate assets.
A few others have also been booked in high-profile cases.
Hisar-based RTI activist Ramesh Verma had sought details of bureaucrats against whom there were serious charges.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman