'Graft Cases Against 157 IAS Officers in Past 10 Years'
As many as 157 IAS officers have alleged corruption cases registered against them in the past ten years while sanction of prosecution has been issued only against 15 of them, according to an RTI reply.
In reply to a query under the Right to Information Act, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said a total of 157 officers have been booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
The charges against these officers range from corruption, taking bribe, causing financial loss to the government, possessing disproportionate assets, irregularities to involvement in various scams.
Sanction for prosecution is still awaited against 142 officers for their alleged involvement in graft cases, the RTI reply said, adding, cases against 71 of these bureaucrats are being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Among theses officers, two were allegedly involved in the cases related to irregularities in Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association, two others were booked in Adarsh Housing Society scam, 12 have been charged of having disproportionate assets.
A few others have also been booked in high-profile cases.
Hisar-based RTI activist Ramesh Verma had sought details of bureaucrats against whom there were serious charges.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10