Govt's New 'Idea Boxes' Seeking 'Out-of-the-Box' Suggestions
In its quest to seek out-of-the- box solutions to governance-related matters, the government has put up 'idea boxes' inside the power corridors of North Block which houses the ministries of Personnel and Home Affairs among others.
These wooden boxes mentioning 'idea box' and 'vichar petika' have been installed at prominent places in the North Block by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), inviting ideas from officials and visitors.
"There are suggestion boxes at government offices but they have not received the desired response. This innovative measure of 'idea boxes' will encourage people to drop in any suggestion they may have on governance-related matters. All suggestions received through 'idea boxes' will be promptly looked into," a senior DoPT official said.
The ides boxes have been installed on the ground, first and second floors of the North Block, he said.
The 'idea boxes' have been installed to seek innovative ideas especially from the employees to improve the functioning of the department and to create a conducive work culture, the official said.
The DoPT has also come out with a series of initiatives to boost the morale of its employees. The measures include giving certificate of excellence and selecting employee of the month to honour good work done by employees, training of the employees with specific focus on department related functions, appointment of grievance redressal officers and open house interaction with the minister and senior officials.
The DoPT has written to other ministries and departments to consider adopting these new measures as a human resource management tool to motivate industrious employees.
The central government has also started a website -- www.Mygov.Nic.In -- to ensure good governance with people's participation. People can give suggestions on various new initiatives taken by the government including 'clean Ganga' and 'digital India'.
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Assam: UPLA Chief Nikunja Kathar Arrested
- Una Incident: Dalit Writer From Gujarat to Return His Award
- Pranab Da Guided Me Like a Guardian: Modi
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED