Govt's New 'Idea Boxes' Seeking 'Out-of-the-Box' Suggestions
In its quest to seek out-of-the- box solutions to governance-related matters, the government has put up 'idea boxes' inside the power corridors of North Block which houses the ministries of Personnel and Home Affairs among others.
These wooden boxes mentioning 'idea box' and 'vichar petika' have been installed at prominent places in the North Block by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), inviting ideas from officials and visitors.
"There are suggestion boxes at government offices but they have not received the desired response. This innovative measure of 'idea boxes' will encourage people to drop in any suggestion they may have on governance-related matters. All suggestions received through 'idea boxes' will be promptly looked into," a senior DoPT official said.
The ides boxes have been installed on the ground, first and second floors of the North Block, he said.
The 'idea boxes' have been installed to seek innovative ideas especially from the employees to improve the functioning of the department and to create a conducive work culture, the official said.
The DoPT has also come out with a series of initiatives to boost the morale of its employees. The measures include giving certificate of excellence and selecting employee of the month to honour good work done by employees, training of the employees with specific focus on department related functions, appointment of grievance redressal officers and open house interaction with the minister and senior officials.
The DoPT has written to other ministries and departments to consider adopting these new measures as a human resource management tool to motivate industrious employees.
The central government has also started a website -- www.Mygov.Nic.In -- to ensure good governance with people's participation. People can give suggestions on various new initiatives taken by the government including 'clean Ganga' and 'digital India'.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia