Govt to Start Website Name in Hindi Booking From August 21
Government has plans to launch booking of website names in Devnagari script, which is used for writing Hindi, Marathi, Dogri and 8 other official languages, from August 21.
"Booking of domain names in Devnagari script is planned to start from August 21. The extension will be .Bharat in Devnagari script like commonly used .Com, .In extensions," National Internet Exchange of India CEO Govind said on the sidelines of the first Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum being held in the country.
Booking of each website name or domain name will cost Rs 350 and sub-domain will cost Rs 250 each.
For First two months, domain name booking will open for companies having trademark or copyright on names like brands, government organisations, reputed commercial firms. After two months, the service will be opened for rest.
After launch of domain name booking in Devnagari, government expects to launch website name booking Gujarati in next 3-4 months.
"Idea is that language should be no barrier in access to Internet. We are working on to start domain name booking in 7 scripts. We will start with Devnagari then in 3-4 months we expect to start service in Gujarati followed by other languages," Govind said.
NIXI has plans to launch domain name booking in Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
"Domain name booking in all scripts will be in place within a year," Govind said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10