Govt to Start Website Name in Hindi Booking From August 21
Government has plans to launch booking of website names in Devnagari script, which is used for writing Hindi, Marathi, Dogri and 8 other official languages, from August 21.
"Booking of domain names in Devnagari script is planned to start from August 21. The extension will be .Bharat in Devnagari script like commonly used .Com, .In extensions," National Internet Exchange of India CEO Govind said on the sidelines of the first Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum being held in the country.
Booking of each website name or domain name will cost Rs 350 and sub-domain will cost Rs 250 each.
For First two months, domain name booking will open for companies having trademark or copyright on names like brands, government organisations, reputed commercial firms. After two months, the service will be opened for rest.
After launch of domain name booking in Devnagari, government expects to launch website name booking Gujarati in next 3-4 months.
"Idea is that language should be no barrier in access to Internet. We are working on to start domain name booking in 7 scripts. We will start with Devnagari then in 3-4 months we expect to start service in Gujarati followed by other languages," Govind said.
NIXI has plans to launch domain name booking in Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
"Domain name booking in all scripts will be in place within a year," Govind said.
FROM OUTLOOKCrystal BallRarely do people actually want to chat, mostly they are there to pick each other up and type...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBBook ExtractSo although it is wonderful to see how far we havemore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA consumer organisation today challenged the recenmore from WIRES>>>
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED