Govt to Start Website Name in Hindi Booking From August 21
Government has plans to launch booking of website names in Devnagari script, which is used for writing Hindi, Marathi, Dogri and 8 other official languages, from August 21.
"Booking of domain names in Devnagari script is planned to start from August 21. The extension will be .Bharat in Devnagari script like commonly used .Com, .In extensions," National Internet Exchange of India CEO Govind said on the sidelines of the first Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum being held in the country.
Booking of each website name or domain name will cost Rs 350 and sub-domain will cost Rs 250 each.
For First two months, domain name booking will open for companies having trademark or copyright on names like brands, government organisations, reputed commercial firms. After two months, the service will be opened for rest.
After launch of domain name booking in Devnagari, government expects to launch website name booking Gujarati in next 3-4 months.
"Idea is that language should be no barrier in access to Internet. We are working on to start domain name booking in 7 scripts. We will start with Devnagari then in 3-4 months we expect to start service in Gujarati followed by other languages," Govind said.
NIXI has plans to launch domain name booking in Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
"Domain name booking in all scripts will be in place within a year," Govind said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- PM Modi Calls BSP 'Behenji Sampatti Party'
- India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman
- In A First, CBI Carries Out Searches At Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- After Contentious Trust-Vote, TN CM Palaniswami Announces Raft Of Populist Measures
- Bike Rider Dies After Being Kicked By Horse In Hyderabad
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Government Sends Memorandum To KVIC Over Use Of PM Modi's Picture In Khadi Calendar
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED