Govt Identifies Three Projects Under Rurban Mission
The Rural Development Ministry has identified three projects under the NDA Government's flagship Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission, which envisages strengthening the rural infrastructure.
"Already we have received proposals. One is in Buldhana, besides (one each in) Sangli and Warangal," Union Rural Development Minister Nitin Gadkari told on the sidelines of a national workshop on Rurban Mission here.
While Buldhana and Sangli are in Maharashtra, Warangal is located in the newly carved out state of Telangana.
"We are taking some suggestions, this workshop is giving some new models and we are going to add it. We will prepare the cabinet note. We need participation from different parts of the society, charitable trusts, cooperative institutions and medical trust. We want make a socio-economic transformation," he added.
He further stated that the projects would be implemented at an outlay of Rs 100 crore.
Earlier, delivering his address, Finance Secretary Arvind Mayaram stressed the need for urbanisation of rural areas.
"Rurban Mission addresses one of the biggest challenges the country is facing that is migration from rural areas to urban areas," Mayaram said.
Citing a report, he said, "By 2032, if the rate of migration continues at this rate and the number of cities remains the same, Indian cities would become unbearable because there will be no infrastructure and the cities will not be able sustain the numbers," he said.
He further stated that urbanisation of rural areas will protect people from disasters in the next three decades.
Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission aiming to deliver integrated project based infrastructure in rural areas was announced in this year's Union Budget. The preferred mode of delivery would be through Public-Private Partnership (PPP) while using funds of various schemes.
FROM OUTLOOKInterviewThe chairman and managing director of Hindustan Construction Company on the Government's unfinished agenda ...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBWe are often told that India had a golden age econmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESMumbai, Dec 23 (PTI) With inflation declining to amore from WIRES>>>
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'