Govt Hints at Reduction of Diesel Prices
After slashing petrol prices by up to Rs 2.50 a litre, the Government is working hard to deliver on its Lok Sabha poll promises and its eyes are now on diesel price reduction, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said today.
"We are working hard to deliver on our promises. We stopped rise of prices and we slashed price of petrol by up to Rs 2.50. Our eyes are now on diesel," he said.
In the third reduction in rates this month, petrol price was cut last midnight by Rs 1.82 a litre though diesel rate was raised by 50 paise per litre.
The Home Minister was addressing a public gathering in Hathin in Haryana's Palwal district on the culmination of BJP's 'Vijay Sankalp Yatra.'
Commenting on the performance of Narendra Modi Government, Singh said even though three months was a short time to judge the new dispensation, the government from day one is at work to realize the dreams and aspirations of the people.
Referring to the Jan Dhan scheme started recently, Singh said on a single day 1.5 crore accounts have been opened. "No family will be left without having a bank account, that time will come in next couple of years," he added.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED