Govt Hints at Reduction of Diesel Prices
After slashing petrol prices by up to Rs 2.50 a litre, the Government is working hard to deliver on its Lok Sabha poll promises and its eyes are now on diesel price reduction, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said today.
"We are working hard to deliver on our promises. We stopped rise of prices and we slashed price of petrol by up to Rs 2.50. Our eyes are now on diesel," he said.
In the third reduction in rates this month, petrol price was cut last midnight by Rs 1.82 a litre though diesel rate was raised by 50 paise per litre.
The Home Minister was addressing a public gathering in Hathin in Haryana's Palwal district on the culmination of BJP's 'Vijay Sankalp Yatra.'
Commenting on the performance of Narendra Modi Government, Singh said even though three months was a short time to judge the new dispensation, the government from day one is at work to realize the dreams and aspirations of the people.
Referring to the Jan Dhan scheme started recently, Singh said on a single day 1.5 crore accounts have been opened. "No family will be left without having a bank account, that time will come in next couple of years," he added.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10