Govt has Succeeded in Bringing Back KPs to Some Extent: Omar
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said his government, with cooperation from the Centre, has succeeded in bringing back Kashmiri Pandits and other migrants to their homes to some extent.
"It is because of the efforts of the present government and the cooperation of the Centre that slowly and steadily we have succeeded to some extent in bringing back Kashmiri Pandits and other migrants to their homes," Omar said in his Independence Day speech at the Bakshi Stadium here.
"I hope that they will return to their homes and lead a life of dignity and honour in peace," he said.
Omar said the employment package for Kashmiri Pandits is being implemented.
The Chief Minister said the state government has submitted a proposal to the Centre for an enhanced package for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits.
"I hope that the Centre will approve this package at the earliest," he said.
According to the enhanced package, each Kashmiri Pandit family will get Rs 20 lakh for the repair and reconstruction of their houses in Kashmir as against Rs 7 lakh envisaged in the existing package.
Omar said return of migrant Kashmiri Pandits to their native land has been his cherished desire.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman