Govt Expects PSEs to Meet High Standards in CSR: Radhakrishnan
Asking public sector enterprises to weave their CSR activities around long-term sustainable development, the government has said state-run units should earmark more resources towards areas like health, education, drinking water and skill development.
"Our government encourages and expects PSEs to meet high standards in CSR and discharge their responsibilities in a planned manner. Their approach towards CSR planning should be based on long term sustainable development," MoS Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises P Radhakrishnan said at a function organised by public sector body SCOPE.
"I appeal to PSEs to further leverage your CSR efforts in the area of health, education, drinking water, skill development etc. For underprivileged and marginalized persons so as to develop our society, economically socially and environmentally," he added.
Under the new Companies Act, certain class of profitable entities are required to shell out at least two per cent of their three-year annual average net profit towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
The government is also working on rationalising the CSR norms for public sector enterprises in tune with the new companies law.
At present, public sector entities (PSEs) follow CSR guidelines of the Department of Public Enterprises.
FROM OUTLOOKSportsWhile cricketers get the riches, PSU patronage enables other sportspersons to cast off their rags ...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionNew decisions have been announced on the licencingmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESThere is good news in store for companies and othemore from WIRES>>>
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED