Govt Expects PSEs to Meet High Standards in CSR: Radhakrishnan
Asking public sector enterprises to weave their CSR activities around long-term sustainable development, the government has said state-run units should earmark more resources towards areas like health, education, drinking water and skill development.
"Our government encourages and expects PSEs to meet high standards in CSR and discharge their responsibilities in a planned manner. Their approach towards CSR planning should be based on long term sustainable development," MoS Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises P Radhakrishnan said at a function organised by public sector body SCOPE.
"I appeal to PSEs to further leverage your CSR efforts in the area of health, education, drinking water, skill development etc. For underprivileged and marginalized persons so as to develop our society, economically socially and environmentally," he added.
Under the new Companies Act, certain class of profitable entities are required to shell out at least two per cent of their three-year annual average net profit towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
The government is also working on rationalising the CSR norms for public sector enterprises in tune with the new companies law.
At present, public sector entities (PSEs) follow CSR guidelines of the Department of Public Enterprises.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman