Govt Enhances Ration Allowance for Central Forces Jawans
In a key welfare measure initiated by the new government, the Union Home Ministry has enhanced the important daily ration allowance by 26 per cent for the combat troops of all central paramilitary forces.
Agreeing to a long pending demand of these forces, deployed for a variety of internal security duties in the country, the Home Ministry has revised the daily ration allowance of non-gazetted combatised rank (jawans and Inspectors) officials to Rs 85.96 (per head per day) from 67.55 with effect from July 25.
This is a rise of about 26 per cent.
The new allowances will be admissible for troops of forces like BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, SSB and central police organisations under the Home Ministry like Delhi Police and Intelligence Bureau (IB).
The new expenditure, the Home Ministry said, shall be met by the Central Armed Police Forces, IB and Delhi Police out of "their respective budget grants."
"The Home Ministry has sanctioned a long pending demand of these forces to enhance their daily ration money allowance as they were feeling financially hit owing to a variety of reasons like price rise and inflation which effects a jawan's pocket. It is a welcome development," a senior Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer said.
Similarly, for gazetted officers (Assistant Commandants to Commandants) the allowance has been revised to Rs 79.93 from Rs 65.09 (per head per day) with effect from August 1.
This is a 22 per cent jump in their allowances.
The daily ration money allowance to paramilitary and border guarding forces' troopers is given on similar lines as that accorded to defence forces personnel and is meant to be spent on daily ration related necessities of combat troops during duty hours or otherwise.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman