Govt Enhances Ration Allowance for Central Forces Jawans
In a key welfare measure initiated by the new government, the Union Home Ministry has enhanced the important daily ration allowance by 26 per cent for the combat troops of all central paramilitary forces.
Agreeing to a long pending demand of these forces, deployed for a variety of internal security duties in the country, the Home Ministry has revised the daily ration allowance of non-gazetted combatised rank (jawans and Inspectors) officials to Rs 85.96 (per head per day) from 67.55 with effect from July 25.
This is a rise of about 26 per cent.
The new allowances will be admissible for troops of forces like BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, SSB and central police organisations under the Home Ministry like Delhi Police and Intelligence Bureau (IB).
The new expenditure, the Home Ministry said, shall be met by the Central Armed Police Forces, IB and Delhi Police out of "their respective budget grants."
"The Home Ministry has sanctioned a long pending demand of these forces to enhance their daily ration money allowance as they were feeling financially hit owing to a variety of reasons like price rise and inflation which effects a jawan's pocket. It is a welcome development," a senior Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer said.
Similarly, for gazetted officers (Assistant Commandants to Commandants) the allowance has been revised to Rs 79.93 from Rs 65.09 (per head per day) with effect from August 1.
This is a 22 per cent jump in their allowances.
The daily ration money allowance to paramilitary and border guarding forces' troopers is given on similar lines as that accorded to defence forces personnel and is meant to be spent on daily ration related necessities of combat troops during duty hours or otherwise.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10