Govt Employees Vacating Housing Board Flats in TN
Many flats owned by Tamil Nadu Housing Board are vacant across the state as government employees have moving out following the hike in salary by the Sixth Pay Commission, the government today informed the Assembly.
"Ever since the sixth Pay commission hiked their salary, government employees have been vacating the flats owned by the Housing Board. They move to luxurious houses elsewhere. So, except Chennai, Housing Board flats are available across the state," Housing and Urban Development Minister R Vaithilingam said, replying to a query during question hour.
He was replying to legislator Ulaganathan (CPI), who urged the government to construct more houses through Housing Board.
Earlier, Arakkonam legislator S Ravi (AIADMK) sought multi-storeyed tenements through Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board for his constituency, for which the Minister promised action under 'Vision Tamil Nadu 2023.'
The Minister also said construction of tenements in Eri Karai area of North Chennai would begin after talks with people in the area. He was replying to Perambur MLA Soundararajan (CPI-M), who sought implementation of the 10-year-old plan.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10