Govt Deploys 1,000 Fresh BSF Personnel in Chhattisgarh
The government has deployed a fresh contingent of about 1,000 Border Security Force (BSF) personnel in Chhattisgarh to bolster anti-Naxal operations in the state.
The specially trained contingent of the paramilitary will be inducted to operate in Kanker district of the state, situated in the southern part of the state just above Bastar.
BSF already has seven similar units in the same district for these operations.
"The troops will also undertake some special operations along the state borders once they are fully inducted," a senior officer said.
Recently, a similar strength of troops drawn from paramilitary Indo-Tibetan Border Police was sent to the state's Rajnandgaon district.
Chhattisgarh already has over 32,000 personnel of various paramilitary forces like Central Reserve Police Force, BSF and ITBP to undertake these operations.
The deployment of the squad was also discussed during the meeting of Left Wing Extremism-affected states which was chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh at his office a few weeks ago.
The BSF, the country's largest border guarding force with close to 2.5-lakh personnel in its ranks, guards crucial Indian borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED