Govt Deploys 1,000 Fresh BSF Personnel in Chhattisgarh
The government has deployed a fresh contingent of about 1,000 Border Security Force (BSF) personnel in Chhattisgarh to bolster anti-Naxal operations in the state.
The specially trained contingent of the paramilitary will be inducted to operate in Kanker district of the state, situated in the southern part of the state just above Bastar.
BSF already has seven similar units in the same district for these operations.
"The troops will also undertake some special operations along the state borders once they are fully inducted," a senior officer said.
Recently, a similar strength of troops drawn from paramilitary Indo-Tibetan Border Police was sent to the state's Rajnandgaon district.
Chhattisgarh already has over 32,000 personnel of various paramilitary forces like Central Reserve Police Force, BSF and ITBP to undertake these operations.
The deployment of the squad was also discussed during the meeting of Left Wing Extremism-affected states which was chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh at his office a few weeks ago.
The BSF, the country's largest border guarding force with close to 2.5-lakh personnel in its ranks, guards crucial Indian borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Kabul: Blast Rips Through Protest, 20 Dead, 160 Wounded
- Eminent Painter S.H. Raza Dies at 94
- Kashmir Unrest: Curfew Lifted From Four Districts
- Chennai: Search Continues for Missing IAF Plane
- Clinton Picks Senator Tim Kaine as VP Running Mate
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Mehbooba Visits Victims' Families, Seeks Public Help to End Violence
- BJP Demands Probe Into Role of NC in Kashmir Unrest
- BSP-BJP in Competition on Using Foul Language: Akhilesh Yadav
- J&K: Minor Girl Allegedly Raped by Teacher in School
- 'Big Brother Watching' Process Would Be Unpleasant: Jaitley on Black Money
- Punjab: BSP Activists Hold Protest Rally
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED