Govt Clears 22 FDI Proposals Worth Rs 3,249 Crore
Government today said it has cleared foreign direct investment proposals of KSK Energy Ventures, Telenor Mobile, InterGlobe Aviation and of 19 others worth Rs 3248.83 crore has been cleared.
The FDI proposals have been cleared following recommendation of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), the Finance Ministry said.
KSK Energy Ventures Ltd, with 74.94 per cent foreign equity, engaged in the business of investing company, has been given permission to issue and allot warrants to foreign promoters. The proposal entails investment of Rs 1,050 crore.
Norway-based Telenor, through Telenor South Asia Investment Pte (Singapore), has got government's nod to increase its shareholding in Telewings Communication (Uninor) to 100 per cent from the current 74 per cent. The proposal is worth Rs 78 crore.
FIPB has also cleared the proposal of InterGlobe Aviation, holding company of IndiGo. This would clear the way for fresh foreign direct investment in air carrier IndiGo.
In a cashless transaction, InterGlobe Aviation will issue 147,000 equity shares having face value of Rs 1,000 to NRI owners of Caelum in in proportion to the voting units held by them.
The approval is also likely pave the way for IndiGo to come out with its IPO. The air carrier has been planning to attract additional investment for several months.
Government has also cleared proposal of Religare Credit Investments Trust. It has sought nod for foreign investment of up to Rs 500 crore by Religare India Credit Assets Fund, Netherlands in the Class A units of Religare Credit Opportunities Fund Scheme I, an AIF Category II Fund.
Other proposals which have been cleared include that of Gurgaon-based Baxter (India) (pharma firm), ARKRAY Healthcare (pharma), Verdant Telemetry & Antenna Systems (defence), Genpact India (IT) and Innisfree Cosmetics India (trading).
Finance Ministry further said decision on nine FDI proposals, which were taken up by the FIPB on August 1, have been deferred. These include that of HBM Private Equity India, Intas Pharmaceuticals and Verizon Communications India Pvt Ltd.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman