Govt Asks Ministries to Furnish Officials' Property Details Online
In a bid to ensure transparency, the Narendra Modi government has asked all departments and ministries to put property details of officials on their respective websites.
A government circular in this regard was recently received by the Defence Ministry, which says that the new rules for filing property returns are part of the government's efforts to implement the Lokayukta Act, 2013.
The Lokayukta Act mandates government officials to file details of all their movable and immovable property assets and the statements should be made public on the website of the respective ministry.
As per the new rules for filing property returns, if any government servant fails to declare his assets or gives misleading details, strict action would be taken against the employee by the competent authority.
It says that if any official is found to be in possession of assets not mentioned in his returns, then it shall be "presumed that the assets belong to the public servant and acquired by corrupt means."
"The government has also asked the Ministries to make sure that these statements are posted on the websites of respective ministries within the specified time frame.
The government has also asked the ministries to ensure that the officials file their property details including the assets of their family members and dependents.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman