Google's Doodle Features Independent India's First Stamp
Celebrating India's 68th Independence Day, Google today posted a doodle on its homepage featuring the independent India's first stamp.
The blue colour stamp with the Indian tricolour is the doodle that comes up when you open the Google's India homepage.
The stamp, which was issued on November 21, 1947 depicts the Indian flag with the slogan 'Jai Hind' on the top right hand corner. Priced at three and one-half annas, the stamp was meant for foreign correspondence.
The logo of Google starts with a 'G' but with the saffron colour, the colour of the top stripe in the Indian flag.
The next two letters are covered by the stamp and the last three letters are in the green shade of the Indian flag.
"Doodles are the fun, surprising, and sometimes spontaneous changes that are made to the Google logo to celebrate holidays, anniversaries, and the lives of famous artists, pioneers, and scientists," the global internet giant said.
- UP Ministry Expansion: Gayatri Prajapati Reinducted
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP, Person Detained
- Six Top JMB Activists Arrested From West Bengal, Assam
- K.J. George Takes Oath as Karnataka Minister After Clean Chit by CID in DySP Suicide Case
- Don't Have Enough Water to Release 6,000 Cusecs to TN: Karnataka to SC
- PSLV C-35 Places All Eight Satellites in Orbit
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Sons, Brothers And The Samajwadi
- Govt Clears 11 FDI Proposals Worth Rs 2,325 Cr
- Several Injured by a Shooter at a Strip Mall in Houston
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: No Bail for Prasad Purohit
- Sunanda Case: Police Seeks Details of Deleted Chats
- Shipping Companies Too Ban Samsung Note 7 Onboard
- Will Not Compromise on Issue of Crimes: Kerala CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED