Goa to Ban Liquor Sale Around St Xavier Exposition Venue
Goa government will prohibit sale of liquor around the place where the decennial exposition of St Francis Xavier would be held, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the state assembly today.
The feast would be celebrated at Old Goa, nine kms away from Panaji, from November 22 this year till January 4, 2015.
Restrictions would be imposed to ensure that pilgrims don't attend the masses drunk, Parrikar said.
"The sale of liquor would be prohibited around the church. What would be the prohibited area will be decided later on," he said.
The chief minister said the decision about prohibition would not be taken arbitrarily.
Local MLA Pandurang Madkaikar said since the exposition would be held over 45 days, such a long ban would affect the business.
Parrikar said locals would be taken into confidence before taking the decision.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED