Goa: Mridula Sinha Sworn-In as Governor
Noted writer and senior BJP leader Mridula Sinha was today sworn-in as Governor of Goa, following the resignation of B V Wanchoo.
Bombay High Court Chief Justice Mohit Shah administered the oath of office to Sinha.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and other dignitaries were present at Raj Bhawan here on the occasion.
Goa had no full time Governor following Wanchoo's resignation from the post after his role was questioned in VVIP chopper deal.
Sinha, 71, becomes the first woman Governor of the state with a full-time charge.
Born on November 27, 1942, at Chhapra village in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar, Sinha is a renowned Hindi writer and former chairperson of Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB), Ministry of Human Resource Development.
She is also the former president of BJP Mahila Morcha. She had actively participated in 'Samagra Kranti' led by Jai Prakash Narayan.
After taking a post graduation degree in psychology, she completed her B.Ed. She started as a college lecturer at Dr S K Sinha Women's College, Motihari in Bihar and later became principal of Bharatiya Shishu Mandir at Muzaffarpur.
Sinha is married to Dr Ram Kripal Sinha, who was earlier a college lecturer and later became a Cabinet minister in the Bihar state government.
She has written more than 46 books in various disciplines. Her literary contributions include 'Jyon mehandi ko rang' (novel - a short film on Doordarshan was made based on the same), 'Nayi Devyani' (novel), 'Gharwaas'(novel), 'Sita puni boli' (novel) and many more.
Sinha has also written a biography on late Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia.
Her story collections include 'Sakshatkar', 'Ek Diye Ki Diwali', 'Apna Jeevan' etc. She has also written essays like 'Aine ke saamne', 'Maanvi ke Naate' and 'Bihar Ki Lok Kathaye' for children.
She contributes regular columns in various national and regional Hindi newspapers, magazines and periodicals.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman