Goa: Mridula Sinha Sworn-In as Governor
Noted writer and senior BJP leader Mridula Sinha was today sworn-in as Governor of Goa, following the resignation of B V Wanchoo.
Bombay High Court Chief Justice Mohit Shah administered the oath of office to Sinha.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and other dignitaries were present at Raj Bhawan here on the occasion.
Goa had no full time Governor following Wanchoo's resignation from the post after his role was questioned in VVIP chopper deal.
Sinha, 71, becomes the first woman Governor of the state with a full-time charge.
Born on November 27, 1942, at Chhapra village in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar, Sinha is a renowned Hindi writer and former chairperson of Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB), Ministry of Human Resource Development.
She is also the former president of BJP Mahila Morcha. She had actively participated in 'Samagra Kranti' led by Jai Prakash Narayan.
After taking a post graduation degree in psychology, she completed her B.Ed. She started as a college lecturer at Dr S K Sinha Women's College, Motihari in Bihar and later became principal of Bharatiya Shishu Mandir at Muzaffarpur.
Sinha is married to Dr Ram Kripal Sinha, who was earlier a college lecturer and later became a Cabinet minister in the Bihar state government.
She has written more than 46 books in various disciplines. Her literary contributions include 'Jyon mehandi ko rang' (novel - a short film on Doordarshan was made based on the same), 'Nayi Devyani' (novel), 'Gharwaas'(novel), 'Sita puni boli' (novel) and many more.
Sinha has also written a biography on late Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia.
Her story collections include 'Sakshatkar', 'Ek Diye Ki Diwali', 'Apna Jeevan' etc. She has also written essays like 'Aine ke saamne', 'Maanvi ke Naate' and 'Bihar Ki Lok Kathaye' for children.
She contributes regular columns in various national and regional Hindi newspapers, magazines and periodicals.
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Mass Attack Bid Foiled in Bangladesh, Nine Militants Killed
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- AAP Protests Near Rajnath's House Over Women's Safety
- Dadri Lynching: Akhlaq's Family to Move Allahabad High Court
- Use of Pellet Guns Will Further Alienate People in J&K: Azad
- Court Dismisses AAP MLA Khan's Bail, Sends Him to Jail
- CCI Seeks Details of Spectrum Trading Deals From Operators
- India Abstains From Voting to Grant Consultative Status to CPJ
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED