Goa Govt to Introduce 'Secular Yoga' in School Curriculum
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today announced introduction of "secular Yoga" in school curriculum.
"We will introduce secular Yoga in the educational curriculum," Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
Parrikar also clarified that he was using the word "secular" to avoid any objection to the move, by the opposition.
"If anyone has objection about the word 'Yoga' then raise it right now. I am repeating, we will have secular yoga in the curriculum," he said.
In a dig at the opposition, the chief minister said, "The comments made by a minister on Hindu nation were first picked up by media and later raised by the opposition benches. You have this habit of reacting next day."
Parrikar was referring to the remarks made by Dipak Dhavlikar, a minister belonging to BJP's ally Maharashtravadi Gomantak Party (MGP).
Dhavlikar had said, "The country will develop into a Hindu nation under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi."
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Twice in Kathua, Rajouri, Jawan Injured
- Twin Raids in Northern Iraq by Suicide Bombers, 16 Killed
- Don't Release Funds to State Till They Implement Lodha Panel Recommendations: SC Tells BCCI
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- Films, TV Potent Means to Improve Indo-Pak Ties: Digvijay
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Arrested in Wife's Suicide Case, Father Surrenders
- Irrigation Investment Essential to Boost Farm Output: Jaitley
- Army Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC in Poonch
- Try to Bring Back Youths to Mainstream: Mehbooba to Police
- SC Asks Parsvnath to Hand Over Flat to MoS Rathore in Two Days
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'