Goa Govt to Introduce 'Secular Yoga' in School Curriculum
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today announced introduction of "secular Yoga" in school curriculum.
"We will introduce secular Yoga in the educational curriculum," Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
Parrikar also clarified that he was using the word "secular" to avoid any objection to the move, by the opposition.
"If anyone has objection about the word 'Yoga' then raise it right now. I am repeating, we will have secular yoga in the curriculum," he said.
In a dig at the opposition, the chief minister said, "The comments made by a minister on Hindu nation were first picked up by media and later raised by the opposition benches. You have this habit of reacting next day."
Parrikar was referring to the remarks made by Dipak Dhavlikar, a minister belonging to BJP's ally Maharashtravadi Gomantak Party (MGP).
Dhavlikar had said, "The country will develop into a Hindu nation under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi."
FROM OUTLOOKKiddie partiesAspirational children’s birthday celebrations have become cultural landmines marked by subtle exclusion and culinary apartheid...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBImpressionsBy some hideous accident I have been made the paremore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESmore from WIRES>>>
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- No Clue of Missing IAF Plane, Satellite Imagery Sought
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Clinton, Kaine Do Not Look Presidential: Trump
- Policeman Injured in Attack Dies, Toll in Kashmir Unrest 46
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Badal Seeks Australian Cooperation in Education, Agriculture
- Sharif's Statement on Kashmir 'Wishful Thinking': Pak Daily
- AAP Hits Out at PM Over the Arrest of Its MLA
- Curfew Continues in Five Districts of Kashmir
- Gujarat: Five Killed as Car Plunges into Canal
- Mayawati Accuses BJP of Preventing Dayashankar Singh's Arrest
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED