Goa Govt to Introduce 'Secular Yoga' in School Curriculum
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today announced introduction of "secular Yoga" in school curriculum.
"We will introduce secular Yoga in the educational curriculum," Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
Parrikar also clarified that he was using the word "secular" to avoid any objection to the move, by the opposition.
"If anyone has objection about the word 'Yoga' then raise it right now. I am repeating, we will have secular yoga in the curriculum," he said.
In a dig at the opposition, the chief minister said, "The comments made by a minister on Hindu nation were first picked up by media and later raised by the opposition benches. You have this habit of reacting next day."
Parrikar was referring to the remarks made by Dipak Dhavlikar, a minister belonging to BJP's ally Maharashtravadi Gomantak Party (MGP).
Dhavlikar had said, "The country will develop into a Hindu nation under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi."
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10