Girl Dies of Injury; Locals Ransack Shops in Protest in Uttar Pradesh
About a dozen shops and business establishments were ransacked here today as police lobbed tear gas shells to disperse a mob, protesting the death of a girl belonging to one community allegedly of injuries inflicted by four youths, belonging to another community.
The 17-year-old victim, a resident of Amaniganj here was allegedly kidnapped on Saturday evening by the four persons in a car, while she had gone out to make some purchase and was found lying on a roadside later in the night in adjoining Barabanki district, according to an FIR lodged with the police.
The girl was rushed to KGMU Trauma Centre in the state capital where she died on Sunday morning, police said, adding one person has been arrested on the basis of the complaint.
"Some politicians for the sake of politics have polluted the atmosphere making it sensitive and communal, we have to use force to protect public properties and to maintain law and order" Faizabad Additional SP, P R Shrivastava, said.
The uncle of the victim, however has alleged that the girl was "raped and murdered" by one of the accused and said the police "did not take into account this complaint" while lodging the FIR.
"It was around Sunday noon that we received a call from police, informing us that she had died in KGMU," he said.
The accused was produced before a remand magistrate this evening, and the court has sent him to a 14-day judicial custody, Faizabad SP City, R S Gautam said.
Meanwhile, in Lucknow, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today directed strict action against the culprits.
In his tweet, Yadav said that instructions have been given for taking strict action in the Faizabad incident, besides extending all assistance to the family of the deceased.
The chief minister has also ordered the district administration to have a "zero tolerance" approach against rumour-mongers in connection with the incident.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman