Girl Commits Suicide After Being Made to Remove Clothes at School as Punishment
A 12-year-old girl today committed suicide after she was allegedly made to remove some of her clothes by a teacher as punishment for bringing a mobile phone to school, police said.
The incident took place at a college for girls in the Nazibabad police station area.
According to a police spokesperson, during a checking at the school, a mobile phone was found in the bag of the Class 6 student.
Angry over this, a female teacher beat her up. The teacher then made her remove some clothes and directed her to stand in the classroom for two hours in that state, the spokesman said.
The incident left the girl very upset and she hanged herself at her home in the evening, he said.
After the girl's death, her family members protested at the school, demanding immediate arrest of the accused teacher, who is absconding.
SP (Crime) M P Verma reached the school and ordered registration of an FIR on a complaint from the family members.
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED