Girl Commits Suicide After Being Made to Remove Clothes at School as Punishment
A 12-year-old girl today committed suicide after she was allegedly made to remove some of her clothes by a teacher as punishment for bringing a mobile phone to school, police said.
The incident took place at a college for girls in the Nazibabad police station area.
According to a police spokesperson, during a checking at the school, a mobile phone was found in the bag of the Class 6 student.
Angry over this, a female teacher beat her up. The teacher then made her remove some clothes and directed her to stand in the classroom for two hours in that state, the spokesman said.
The incident left the girl very upset and she hanged herself at her home in the evening, he said.
After the girl's death, her family members protested at the school, demanding immediate arrest of the accused teacher, who is absconding.
SP (Crime) M P Verma reached the school and ordered registration of an FIR on a complaint from the family members.
- Former Punjab DGP K.P.S. Gill Dies At 82
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10