Girl Commits Suicide After Being Made to Remove Clothes at School as Punishment
A 12-year-old girl today committed suicide after she was allegedly made to remove some of her clothes by a teacher as punishment for bringing a mobile phone to school, police said.
The incident took place at a college for girls in the Nazibabad police station area.
According to a police spokesperson, during a checking at the school, a mobile phone was found in the bag of the Class 6 student.
Angry over this, a female teacher beat her up. The teacher then made her remove some clothes and directed her to stand in the classroom for two hours in that state, the spokesman said.
The incident left the girl very upset and she hanged herself at her home in the evening, he said.
After the girl's death, her family members protested at the school, demanding immediate arrest of the accused teacher, who is absconding.
SP (Crime) M P Verma reached the school and ordered registration of an FIR on a complaint from the family members.
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- AI Mumbai-Newark Flight Diverted to Kazakhstan After 'Alarm Went Off'
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- No Records Available on AgustaWestland Deal: Defence Ministry, IAF
- Hawkish Stance of Govt Has Mellowed Down: Cong on Kashmir
- Amarinder Will Take a Call on Sidhu's Entry Into Cong
- Probe Ordered in Tribal Man's Plight of Not Getting Vehicle to Carry Wife's Body
- JNU Rape Case: Accused Sent to 14 Days Judicial Custody
- Chilli-Filled 'PAVA Shells' Seen as Alternative to Pellet Guns
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED