Fulfil People's Aspirations: Advani Tells BJP Leaders
Senior BJP leader L K Advani today heaped praise on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, expressing confidence that Modi will live up to people's expectations in a similar way he led the organisation to a stupendous electoral victory.
Advani, who was critical of Modi's elevation in the party before elections, has been effusive in his praise of the Gujarat leader after poll results and it was no different today as he praised the "miraculous" Lok Sabha victory under him.
"I am sure he (Modi) will fulfil people's expectations from the new government in a similar way he led the party and its campaign. Nobody expected that we will achieve such a miraculous victory," Advani said
The veteran leader was also fulsome in his praise for the new party president Amit Shah and congratulated him for holding the National Council meeting in a manner which was "unmatched" in its "scale, discipline and management".
Advani said he had been part of all national council meetings of the party since 1953 and what he had seen this time was "unprecedented".
He said he was pleased to hear the speeches of party leaders which lacked any trace of "arrogance" over its victory and showed a sense of accountability and responsibility.
Advani said the party will not be judged by how ministers work, but on how workers conduct themselves in public and deal with people.
He said he wanted only Modi to speak in the post-lunch session but party president Amit Shah insisted that he too should address the gathering.
Advani also recalled the contribution of Bharatiya Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay, then RSS Sarsanghchalak Golwalkar Guruji and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in shaping the future of BJP.
He said a series of discussions between Mukherjee and Guruji after the 1951 Kanpur session helped Jan Sangh and later the BJP evolve as "a party with a difference".
He said with its association with RSS, Bharatiya Jan Sangh came to be known not only as a political party but as a philosophy.
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- All Attempts to Secure Release of Indian Soldier: Rajnath
- Park Street Gangrape: Prime Accused Kader Khan Arrested
- Train Crashes Into New Jersey Station, One Dead, 114 Injured
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Pakistan Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Cancels Visit to India Due to Tension
- 'World Moves Towards Enforcing Paris Pact With India's Action'
- Rajnath Singh Reviews Security Situation Along Indo-Pak Border
- Presidential Debate Was Rigged: Trump
- Narendra Modi's Surgical Strike Wins Over Rahul Gandhi
- Nawaz Sharif Calls Special Cabinet Meeting Post Surgical Strikes
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED