Fulfil People's Aspirations: Advani Tells BJP Leaders
Senior BJP leader L K Advani today heaped praise on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, expressing confidence that Modi will live up to people's expectations in a similar way he led the organisation to a stupendous electoral victory.
Advani, who was critical of Modi's elevation in the party before elections, has been effusive in his praise of the Gujarat leader after poll results and it was no different today as he praised the "miraculous" Lok Sabha victory under him.
"I am sure he (Modi) will fulfil people's expectations from the new government in a similar way he led the party and its campaign. Nobody expected that we will achieve such a miraculous victory," Advani said
The veteran leader was also fulsome in his praise for the new party president Amit Shah and congratulated him for holding the National Council meeting in a manner which was "unmatched" in its "scale, discipline and management".
Advani said he had been part of all national council meetings of the party since 1953 and what he had seen this time was "unprecedented".
He said he was pleased to hear the speeches of party leaders which lacked any trace of "arrogance" over its victory and showed a sense of accountability and responsibility.
Advani said the party will not be judged by how ministers work, but on how workers conduct themselves in public and deal with people.
He said he wanted only Modi to speak in the post-lunch session but party president Amit Shah insisted that he too should address the gathering.
Advani also recalled the contribution of Bharatiya Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay, then RSS Sarsanghchalak Golwalkar Guruji and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in shaping the future of BJP.
He said a series of discussions between Mukherjee and Guruji after the 1951 Kanpur session helped Jan Sangh and later the BJP evolve as "a party with a difference".
He said with its association with RSS, Bharatiya Jan Sangh came to be known not only as a political party but as a philosophy.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman