Fuel Leakage Due to Faulty Valve, Shortage Delays Flight
Leakage of aviation fuel from a faulty value on an Air India Express flight on the Dubai-Chennai-Tiruchirapalli sector which stopped here for refuelling due to shortage led to a two- hour delay in its departure, airport sources said.
The flight had arrived here yesterday at 1.40 pm and was scheduled to depart at 2.45 pm. During refuelling through one of the two passages, about 150 litres leaked onto the tarmac from a faulty valve, but nothing untoward happened due to the low temperature, they said.
Fire service and airport personnel were alerted and the flight left at 5.00 pm after authorities sealed the leakage, the sources said.
Some passengers proceeded on their journey by road while others went by the flight, they said.
FROM OUTLOOKaviationMany more disasters are waiting in the wings given the policy and infrastructure lag in aviation...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionIt has not been a good week for free speech in Inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIn a new fare-war in the skies, national carrier Amore from WIRES>>>
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED