Fuel Leakage Due to Faulty Valve, Shortage Delays Flight
Leakage of aviation fuel from a faulty value on an Air India Express flight on the Dubai-Chennai-Tiruchirapalli sector which stopped here for refuelling due to shortage led to a two- hour delay in its departure, airport sources said.
The flight had arrived here yesterday at 1.40 pm and was scheduled to depart at 2.45 pm. During refuelling through one of the two passages, about 150 litres leaked onto the tarmac from a faulty valve, but nothing untoward happened due to the low temperature, they said.
Fire service and airport personnel were alerted and the flight left at 5.00 pm after authorities sealed the leakage, the sources said.
Some passengers proceeded on their journey by road while others went by the flight, they said.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10