Fringe Hindu Groups 'Celebrate' Ananthamurthy's Death
Activists of fringe Hindu groups today "celebrated" the death of Jnanpith awardee U R Ananthamurthy by bursting crackers at a locality here.
The activists, many of whom covered their faces to mask their identities, also raised slogans against Ananthamurthy as they burst the crackers, police said.
The incident took place in front of the office of a local Bajrang Dal leader.
Ananthamurthy, who was known for his strong anti-Sangh Parivar, anti-BJP' views, had raised a storm of controversy in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections, saying he would not live in India if Narendra Modi were to become the Prime Minister.
The renowned writer, however, did a U-turn, saying he had made the remark out of emotion.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10