Fringe Hindu Groups 'Celebrate' Ananthamurthy's Death
Activists of fringe Hindu groups today "celebrated" the death of Jnanpith awardee U R Ananthamurthy by bursting crackers at a locality here.
The activists, many of whom covered their faces to mask their identities, also raised slogans against Ananthamurthy as they burst the crackers, police said.
The incident took place in front of the office of a local Bajrang Dal leader.
Ananthamurthy, who was known for his strong anti-Sangh Parivar, anti-BJP' views, had raised a storm of controversy in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections, saying he would not live in India if Narendra Modi were to become the Prime Minister.
The renowned writer, however, did a U-turn, saying he had made the remark out of emotion.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryThe Supreme Court verdict in the Manohar Joshi case raises fears that the next poll campaigns...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionIn the high noon of euphoria over mother, motherlamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESConspirators in the Malegaon blast had planned tomore from WIRES>>>
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED