Free Kashmir of the Abdullahs and Muftis: Amit Shah
With an eye on the upcoming Jammu and Kashmir assembly polls, BJP President Amit Shah today made a strong pitch for a "nationalist government" in the state and asked people to make it free of "Abdullah and Mufti dynasties" by bringing his party to power.
On his first visit to the state after becoming BJP chief last month, Shah said, "There is need for a nationalist government in J&K in view of it being a border state and to protect its unity and integrity."
Addressing a public rally here, Shah lashed out at dynastic politics. "BJP is fighting to make 'Congress-mukt bharat' (Congress-free India) and Jammu and Kashmir is a part of the country. So to make J&K Congress-free, you have to fight to make the state free from Abdullah and Mufti dynasties," he said.
"In J&K, the Abdullah family is replaced by Mufti and vice versa. The governments changes, but the development of the people and state remain at a stand still."
Reaching out to the people of the region, Shah said, "If you want to have development in J&K, you will have to elect a BJP government. This time we are not contesting polls to merely elect MLAs, but to form a BJP government in J&K."
The BJP is seeking to accomplish "Mission 44+" - its objective of winning at least 44 of total 87 seats in the state in the upcoming assembly poll.
Shah said he has come here with a message of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who wishes to usher in development in the state for it move along with the country on the path of speedy progress.
"For 60 years the people of the Jammu region have been facing injustice. The BJP government will help get justice for Jammu, as the various governments have meted out step-motherly treatment to the region," he said.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Cases Of Zika Virus In India, From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10