Free Kashmir of the Abdullahs and Muftis: Amit Shah
With an eye on the upcoming Jammu and Kashmir assembly polls, BJP President Amit Shah today made a strong pitch for a "nationalist government" in the state and asked people to make it free of "Abdullah and Mufti dynasties" by bringing his party to power.
On his first visit to the state after becoming BJP chief last month, Shah said, "There is need for a nationalist government in J&K in view of it being a border state and to protect its unity and integrity."
Addressing a public rally here, Shah lashed out at dynastic politics. "BJP is fighting to make 'Congress-mukt bharat' (Congress-free India) and Jammu and Kashmir is a part of the country. So to make J&K Congress-free, you have to fight to make the state free from Abdullah and Mufti dynasties," he said.
"In J&K, the Abdullah family is replaced by Mufti and vice versa. The governments changes, but the development of the people and state remain at a stand still."
Reaching out to the people of the region, Shah said, "If you want to have development in J&K, you will have to elect a BJP government. This time we are not contesting polls to merely elect MLAs, but to form a BJP government in J&K."
The BJP is seeking to accomplish "Mission 44+" - its objective of winning at least 44 of total 87 seats in the state in the upcoming assembly poll.
Shah said he has come here with a message of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who wishes to usher in development in the state for it move along with the country on the path of speedy progress.
"For 60 years the people of the Jammu region have been facing injustice. The BJP government will help get justice for Jammu, as the various governments have meted out step-motherly treatment to the region," he said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Terrorists Attack Near Pakistan Court, Casualties Feared
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- Sensex Climbs Up 65 Points in Early Trade
- Swear by 'Ganga Maiyya' on Power Supply Issue: Akhilesh to PM
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- Publisher Cancels Right-Wing Provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' Book Dangerous
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village