Four Including IG Booked for Allegedly Abducting PO in Chandigarh
Four persons, including an Inspector General and a woman, have been booked by Punjab police for allegedly abducting a proclaimed offender from Mohali near here, police said today.
Punjab Police Inspector General (IG) Gautam Cheema, suspended defence accounts officer Ajay Chaudhary, and two others were booked yesterday for abducting and thrashing a proclaimed offender last week, Mohali Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Inder Mohan Singh said today.
Cheema is posted as IG (Information and Technology and Telecommunications).
The incident took place on Tuesday when Sumedh Gulati, a proclaimed offender arrested on August 26, was brought to Mohali Police Station for questioning, police said.
Gulati is a business partner of alleged conman Devender Singh Gill alias Devender Singh Thapa, who was arrested recently in a fraud case, they said.
When Gulati was being questioned, Cheema allegedly came to the police station along with Ajay Chaudhary and two unidentified persons in a private vehicle, police said, adding Cheema, who was suspected to be drunk, and others forcibly took away Gulati in a car.
Police chased the car and traced Cheema to a hospital room in Mohali where Devinder's wife Kricspy was admitted after she had attempted suicide due to alleged harassment by Cheema on August 25.
Kricspy had lodged complaints against Cheema, including that of molestation in March, for which the vigilance bureau is conducting a probe.
The FIR against the four accused has been lodged on the complaint of Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Dilbagh Singh, who was the duty officer at Phase one Police Station in Mohali on Tuesday when the incident took place.
All four have been absconding and no arrest has been made so far, the SSP said.
He said the accused had been booked for trespass, voluntarily causing hurt, abduction, wrongful confinement, obstructing public servant in discharge of duty, criminal intimidation, and criminal conspiracy.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10