Four Including IG Booked for Allegedly Abducting PO in Chandigarh
Four persons, including an Inspector General and a woman, have been booked by Punjab police for allegedly abducting a proclaimed offender from Mohali near here, police said today.
Punjab Police Inspector General (IG) Gautam Cheema, suspended defence accounts officer Ajay Chaudhary, and two others were booked yesterday for abducting and thrashing a proclaimed offender last week, Mohali Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Inder Mohan Singh said today.
Cheema is posted as IG (Information and Technology and Telecommunications).
The incident took place on Tuesday when Sumedh Gulati, a proclaimed offender arrested on August 26, was brought to Mohali Police Station for questioning, police said.
Gulati is a business partner of alleged conman Devender Singh Gill alias Devender Singh Thapa, who was arrested recently in a fraud case, they said.
When Gulati was being questioned, Cheema allegedly came to the police station along with Ajay Chaudhary and two unidentified persons in a private vehicle, police said, adding Cheema, who was suspected to be drunk, and others forcibly took away Gulati in a car.
Police chased the car and traced Cheema to a hospital room in Mohali where Devinder's wife Kricspy was admitted after she had attempted suicide due to alleged harassment by Cheema on August 25.
Kricspy had lodged complaints against Cheema, including that of molestation in March, for which the vigilance bureau is conducting a probe.
The FIR against the four accused has been lodged on the complaint of Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Dilbagh Singh, who was the duty officer at Phase one Police Station in Mohali on Tuesday when the incident took place.
All four have been absconding and no arrest has been made so far, the SSP said.
He said the accused had been booked for trespass, voluntarily causing hurt, abduction, wrongful confinement, obstructing public servant in discharge of duty, criminal intimidation, and criminal conspiracy.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman