Former Pakistan President Zardari Starts Weekly Show With TV Channel
Former president of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari has started his weekly show with a local private TV channel in which he appears as a political analyst.
The former president's show named "Pakistan Khappay with President Asif Ali Zardari" will be aired every Sunday at 9:30 pm (local time), Bol TV said.
Zardari's first show was aired yesterday in which he appeared live from his residence Bilawal House in Karachi and responded to questions posed by an anchor.
Zardari, 61, targeted the government for failing to appoint a full-time foreign minister.
"If the government does not have a foreign minister, then, I believe, there is no concern for Pakistan's position on the global stage and the numerous challenges the country is facing," he said.
Zardari the second prominent political personality roped in by Bol TV after former president general Pervez Musharraf started his show on the same channel.
The Sindhi word 'Khapay' in the show's name roughly translates as "live long" and is linked with a famous speech made by Zardari after his wife and former two-time premier Benazir Bhutto was killed in 2007.
The atmosphere was charged in his home province of Sindh where some of the angry workers of the party raised slogans against Pakistan, saying 'Pakistan na khappay', prompting Zardari to respond forcefully to silence them by saying 'Pakistan khappy'.
Zardari, who is co-chairperson of Pakistan People's Party, served as the 11th President of Pakistan from 2008 to 2013.
- Dhinakaran Brought To Chennai
- Shrikant Purohit Moves SC Against Order Rejecting Bail
- I'm Innocent : Sadhvi Pragya
- I Accept The Challenge Of Those Who Challenge Me. We'll Capture Delhi, Says Mamata Banerjee
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- R R Bhatnagar Takes Charge As New CRPF DG
- Trump Fares Poorly Among Young Americans, Scores 27 Per Cent in Race Relations
- Enforcement Directorate Registers Case Under Money Laundering Act In Narada Sting Involving TMC Leaders
- Bangladesh Girl Born With 3 Legs Can Walk, Run After Surgery In Australia
- Alleged Hawala Operator Arrested In EC Bribery Case
- Army Camp Attack: Restrictions Imposed in Parts of Kashmir
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Groom Refuses To Marry After Seeing Only Vegetarian Dishes Being Served At Wedding
- UP Govt Cancels 15 Public Holidays Marking Birth/ Death Anniversaries in One Stroke
- NDS and RAW Provided Funds to Taliban, Claims Former Spokesman
- AAP MLA Summoned by Court For Giving False Information to EC During 2015 Delhi Assembly Polls
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Naxals Using Tribals As Human Shield, Govt to Review Anti-Naxal Strategy: Rajnath Singh
- 'Hafiz Saeed Not A Terrorist,' Pervez Musharraf Denies His Involvement in Mumbai Attacks