Former MP Kisanrao Bankhele Dead
Former MP from Khed Lok Sabha constituency in the district Kisanrao Bankhele died in a hospital here after prolonged illness.
78-year-old Bankhele, who breathed his last yesterday, was known for his simple lifestyle and easy rapport with the common man.
He had defeated powerful Congress candidate Ramkrishna More in 1988 Lok Sabha election which he fought as a Janata Dal nominee.
His poll campaign made news as he used a jeep donated by people, making small contributions to facilitate his travel in the constituency. He was also a three-term MLA in the state legislature winning the Assembly elections in 1972, 1980 and 1984.
Bankhele is survived by wife, three sons and a daughter.
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10