Former MP Kisanrao Bankhele Dead
Former MP from Khed Lok Sabha constituency in the district Kisanrao Bankhele died in a hospital here after prolonged illness.
78-year-old Bankhele, who breathed his last yesterday, was known for his simple lifestyle and easy rapport with the common man.
He had defeated powerful Congress candidate Ramkrishna More in 1988 Lok Sabha election which he fought as a Janata Dal nominee.
His poll campaign made news as he used a jeep donated by people, making small contributions to facilitate his travel in the constituency. He was also a three-term MLA in the state legislature winning the Assembly elections in 1972, 1980 and 1984.
Bankhele is survived by wife, three sons and a daughter.
FROM OUTLOOKbihar: Nitish-BJP riftWill a resurgent Nitish make Modi cause celebre for a break-up? ...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNews AnalysisHas Nitish Kumar given up on Bihar? That was the fmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESThe decision of BJP's central leadership on Wednesmore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED