Former JVM MP Joins Congress
Jharkhand Vikas Party (Prajatantrik-JVM) leader Ajay Kumar today joined Congress, dealing another blow to JVM president Babulal Marandi who recently lost five party MLAs to the BJP.
"Congress is like a rainbow, which takes along all the sections of the society with it. It is the only party which can defeat the divisive ideologies of other parties," Kumar, a former IPS officer who plunged into politics three years ago, said after joining the party.
"I will remain as a sincere activist of Congress and will discharge whatever responsibility the party gives," a PCC release said quoting the former Member of Parliament.
PCC president Sukhdeo Bhagat, Jharkhand HRD Minister Geetashree Oraon and several other senior Congress leaders were present at Congress Bhavan to welcome Kumar.
Bhagat said, "Ajay Kumar joined the party as he is inspired with the Congress' policies, its principles and leadership."
Kumar had joined Marandi's JVM in 2011 and successfully contested Jamshedpur Lok Sabha bypoll that year. The seat was vacated by BJP leader Arjun Munda after he became the chief minister.
Kumar's quitting the JVM comes close on the heels of a faction of JVM headed by KP Sharma merged with BJP.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10