Former JVM MP Joins Congress
Jharkhand Vikas Party (Prajatantrik-JVM) leader Ajay Kumar today joined Congress, dealing another blow to JVM president Babulal Marandi who recently lost five party MLAs to the BJP.
"Congress is like a rainbow, which takes along all the sections of the society with it. It is the only party which can defeat the divisive ideologies of other parties," Kumar, a former IPS officer who plunged into politics three years ago, said after joining the party.
"I will remain as a sincere activist of Congress and will discharge whatever responsibility the party gives," a PCC release said quoting the former Member of Parliament.
PCC president Sukhdeo Bhagat, Jharkhand HRD Minister Geetashree Oraon and several other senior Congress leaders were present at Congress Bhavan to welcome Kumar.
Bhagat said, "Ajay Kumar joined the party as he is inspired with the Congress' policies, its principles and leadership."
Kumar had joined Marandi's JVM in 2011 and successfully contested Jamshedpur Lok Sabha bypoll that year. The seat was vacated by BJP leader Arjun Munda after he became the chief minister.
Kumar's quitting the JVM comes close on the heels of a faction of JVM headed by KP Sharma merged with BJP.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED