Former JVM MP Joins Congress
Jharkhand Vikas Party (Prajatantrik-JVM) leader Ajay Kumar today joined Congress, dealing another blow to JVM president Babulal Marandi who recently lost five party MLAs to the BJP.
"Congress is like a rainbow, which takes along all the sections of the society with it. It is the only party which can defeat the divisive ideologies of other parties," Kumar, a former IPS officer who plunged into politics three years ago, said after joining the party.
"I will remain as a sincere activist of Congress and will discharge whatever responsibility the party gives," a PCC release said quoting the former Member of Parliament.
PCC president Sukhdeo Bhagat, Jharkhand HRD Minister Geetashree Oraon and several other senior Congress leaders were present at Congress Bhavan to welcome Kumar.
Bhagat said, "Ajay Kumar joined the party as he is inspired with the Congress' policies, its principles and leadership."
Kumar had joined Marandi's JVM in 2011 and successfully contested Jamshedpur Lok Sabha bypoll that year. The seat was vacated by BJP leader Arjun Munda after he became the chief minister.
Kumar's quitting the JVM comes close on the heels of a faction of JVM headed by KP Sharma merged with BJP.
- Rs 2000 Notes By 'Children's Bank Of India'
- Hafiz Saeed Challenge House Arrest
- Amnesty Blames Trump In Global Rollback of Rights.
- US Plans To Deport Undocumented Immigrants
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Are Making Mockery Of Environment': NGT Issues Notice To Karnataka Over Bellandur Lake
- 'BJP Will Get Full Majority', Amit Shah Rules Out Any Post-Poll Alliance
- Snapdeal Founders Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal Take 100% Salary Cut
- Over A Lakh Ola And Uber Drivers Begin Indefinite Strike In Bengaluru
- Aamir Khan's Ad on BMC Sparks Controversy, Sena, Congress Accuses It of 'Influencing Voters'
- Nadella Pitches for Poor, Unveils India-Centric Tech for Semi-Skilled
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- In A First, CBI Carries Out Searches At Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Don't Endorse The 'Donkeys Of Gujarat', Akhilesh Tells Amitabh Bachchan
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman