Former JVM MP Joins Congress
Jharkhand Vikas Party (Prajatantrik-JVM) leader Ajay Kumar today joined Congress, dealing another blow to JVM president Babulal Marandi who recently lost five party MLAs to the BJP.
"Congress is like a rainbow, which takes along all the sections of the society with it. It is the only party which can defeat the divisive ideologies of other parties," Kumar, a former IPS officer who plunged into politics three years ago, said after joining the party.
"I will remain as a sincere activist of Congress and will discharge whatever responsibility the party gives," a PCC release said quoting the former Member of Parliament.
PCC president Sukhdeo Bhagat, Jharkhand HRD Minister Geetashree Oraon and several other senior Congress leaders were present at Congress Bhavan to welcome Kumar.
Bhagat said, "Ajay Kumar joined the party as he is inspired with the Congress' policies, its principles and leadership."
Kumar had joined Marandi's JVM in 2011 and successfully contested Jamshedpur Lok Sabha bypoll that year. The seat was vacated by BJP leader Arjun Munda after he became the chief minister.
Kumar's quitting the JVM comes close on the heels of a faction of JVM headed by KP Sharma merged with BJP.
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- No Clue of Missing IAF Plane, Satellite Imagery Sought
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Rain Checks India's March on Day Four, WI Trail by 247 Runs
- Assam: Five Poachers Held, Rhino Horn Recovered
- Indian-Origin Labour MP Files Complaint Against Corbyn's Aide
- UK MP Alok Sharma Picks India for First Visit as Post-Brexit Minister
- AAP Leadership Incompetent, Stands Exposed: BJP After MLA's Arrest
- Judith D'Souza Returns to Kolkata After Being Rescued in Kabul
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED