Five NE Militant Outfits Call General Strike on I-Day
Five militant outfits of North East, including the ULFA(Independent), have called a 'General Strike' on August 15 in view of the Independence Day celebrations.
The General Strike, as in other years, will be observed from 1 AM to 5.30 PM.
The strike "will be observed in the entire region of Western South East Asia," a release issued by the Coordination Committee of five militant outfits in the region said here today.
Besides the ULFA(I), the other outfits are Hynnewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC), Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT).
Essential services, emergency facilities, media and religious activities have been exempted from the purview of the strike, the release added.
- Gurgaon Traffic Situation Eases, Prohibitory Orders Lifted
- Curfew Remains in Force in Some Parts of Kashmir Valley
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Save the Children-Supported Syria Maternity Hospital Bombed
- USA: 7.7-Magnitude Quake Off Northern Marianas, No Tsunami Alert
- Paris Attacks: French Authorities File Terror Charges Against Two
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Rape Case Filed Against Uttarakhand BJP Leader
- Court Sends Pakistani LeT Operative to NIA Custody Till Aug 11
- Police Arrest Two Suspected of Plotting Attack in Belgium
- Chhattisgarh: COBRA Jawan Killed in Gun-Battle With Naxals
- Bihar: Dalit Woman Allegedly Beaten Up, Forced to Drink Urine
- Dozens March in Dallas Against Police Violence Toward African-Americans
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED