Five NE Militant Outfits Call General Strike on I-Day
Five militant outfits of North East, including the ULFA(Independent), have called a 'General Strike' on August 15 in view of the Independence Day celebrations.
The General Strike, as in other years, will be observed from 1 AM to 5.30 PM.
The strike "will be observed in the entire region of Western South East Asia," a release issued by the Coordination Committee of five militant outfits in the region said here today.
Besides the ULFA(I), the other outfits are Hynnewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC), Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT).
Essential services, emergency facilities, media and religious activities have been exempted from the purview of the strike, the release added.
- PM Inaugurates India's Longest Bridge in Assam
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10