Five NE Militant Outfits Call General Strike on I-Day
Five militant outfits of North East, including the ULFA(Independent), have called a 'General Strike' on August 15 in view of the Independence Day celebrations.
The General Strike, as in other years, will be observed from 1 AM to 5.30 PM.
The strike "will be observed in the entire region of Western South East Asia," a release issued by the Coordination Committee of five militant outfits in the region said here today.
Besides the ULFA(I), the other outfits are Hynnewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC), Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT).
Essential services, emergency facilities, media and religious activities have been exempted from the purview of the strike, the release added.
- MHA Lodges FIR in Ishrat Jahan Missing Files Case
- Controversy Shrouds Akhilesh Yadav's Sept 26 Ministry Expansion
- Only Through Peace and Harmony Can Problems Be Resolved: PM
- Now, Uber, Ola Start Taxi Services for Govt Officers
- J&K: Curfew Imposed in Kishtwar Town
- Police Capture Gunman in US Mall Shooting That Killed Five
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Sons, Brothers And The Samajwadi
- What Power Hath a Mosquito? Let Delhi Tell You
- Let Your Kids Cuddle Modi To Sleep
- Shooting in Baltimore, Eight People Injured
- China: 12 Killed, Over 30 Injured in Bus-Truck Collision
- Bangladesh to Erect Barbed Wire Fence on Indo-Bangla Border
- Long War Has Been Forced on India by Pakistan: Amit Shah
- Doctors Divided Over Debate on Chikungunya Deaths in Delhi
- Fresh Petition in SC Against Grant of Bail to Shahabuddin
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED