Five More Arrested for BTAD Violence
Five more persons suspected to be involved in the recent violence in the BTAD area were arrested in Assam's Barpeta district and sent to police custody.
The Barpeta Chief Judicial Magistrate's Court today remanded the five suspects in police custody after their arrest yesterday.
The arrested were Bhagat Basumatary, Hareswar Bodo, Aala Basumatary, Rikul Bodo and Bijit Sula Borgoyari.
Earlier on May 6, fifteen persons, including eight forest guards, suspected of being involved in the killings at Nanke Khagrabari in BTAD were sent to three days police custody by the same court.
At least 41 people were killed, several injured and nearly 500 rendered homeless in the violence unleashed by militants on the minority community in Baksa and Kokrajhar districts on May 1 and 2.
- Police to Travel to TN With Dhinakaran
- EVMs to be Seized: Uttarakhand HC
- NDS and RAW Provided Funds to Taliban, Claims Former Spokesman
- India, US Discuss Measures to Strengthen Partnership at UN
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Groom Refuses To Marry After Seeing Only Vegetarian Dishes Being Served At Wedding
- IIM Ahmedabad Director Ashish Nanda Resigns A Year Before His Tenure Ends
- Udaipur Boy Kalpit Veerval Tops JEE, Scores 100 Per Cent
- NASA's Cassini Spacecraft Successfully Executes First-Ever Dive Through Saturn & Its Rings
- India Seeks Certificate On Jadhav's Health Condition From Pakistan
- Soon, All-Women Battalion To Be Deployed In Kashmir To Deal With Stone Pelters
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Naxals Using Tribals As Human Shield, Govt to Review Anti-Naxal Strategy: Rajnath Singh
- 'Hafiz Saeed Not A Terrorist,' Pervez Musharraf Denies His Involvement in Mumbai Attacks