Five More Arrested for BTAD Violence
Five more persons suspected to be involved in the recent violence in the BTAD area were arrested in Assam's Barpeta district and sent to police custody.
The Barpeta Chief Judicial Magistrate's Court today remanded the five suspects in police custody after their arrest yesterday.
The arrested were Bhagat Basumatary, Hareswar Bodo, Aala Basumatary, Rikul Bodo and Bijit Sula Borgoyari.
Earlier on May 6, fifteen persons, including eight forest guards, suspected of being involved in the killings at Nanke Khagrabari in BTAD were sent to three days police custody by the same court.
At least 41 people were killed, several injured and nearly 500 rendered homeless in the violence unleashed by militants on the minority community in Baksa and Kokrajhar districts on May 1 and 2.
- Fadnavis Announces Rs 34,000 Cr Farm Loan Waiver
- CRPF Sub-Inspector Killed, 2 Jawans Injured In Terrorists Attack
- Around 100 People Feared Buried in China Landslide
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Army Rejects Rifles Made in India for 2nd Year in A Row Citing Poor Quality
- Cop Lynching: CM Mufti Warns Kashmiris Against Testing Limits Of 'Restrained' Security Forces
- Jammu And Kashmir: 2 Arrested for Lynching Officer Outside Mosque
- Sridevi Issues Statement Clarifying Marriage Remark About Daughter Jhanvi