Five More Arrested for BTAD Violence
Five more persons suspected to be involved in the recent violence in the BTAD area were arrested in Assam's Barpeta district and sent to police custody.
The Barpeta Chief Judicial Magistrate's Court today remanded the five suspects in police custody after their arrest yesterday.
The arrested were Bhagat Basumatary, Hareswar Bodo, Aala Basumatary, Rikul Bodo and Bijit Sula Borgoyari.
Earlier on May 6, fifteen persons, including eight forest guards, suspected of being involved in the killings at Nanke Khagrabari in BTAD were sent to three days police custody by the same court.
At least 41 people were killed, several injured and nearly 500 rendered homeless in the violence unleashed by militants on the minority community in Baksa and Kokrajhar districts on May 1 and 2.
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- Indian Woman, Son Found Murdered in US, Probe Launched
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Govt Staff in Bareilly Barred From Wearing Jeans, T-Shirts at Work
- Release Funds to State Bodies for Holding Matches: SC Tells BCCI
- 1984 Riots: SC Asks Govt to Give Files of 199 'Closed' Cases
- Counter-Terrorist Operations Claimed 92 Soldiers in J&K Since 2015: Govt
- PM Modi Calls Up Theresa May Over Terror Attack
- Dr Randeep Guleria Appointed New Director of AIIMS-Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Yogi Adityanath Makes Surprise Visit To Police Station In Lucknow
- Plea Against Kejriwal: Court Raps Police for Indecisiveness
- After Shiv Sena MP's Slipper Assault, Air India Mulling Preparing No-Fly List for Unruly Passengers
- With Vikalp, Passengers on Wait List Can Tavel in Rajdhani at Mail, Express Fare