Fire in Chandni Chowk, No Casualty
A fire broke out in the narrow bylanes of Chandni Chowk area here this afternoon leaving several shops gutted although no casualty has been reported so far, Delhi Fire Service officials said.
Around 25 fire tenders and at least 50 fire fighters were pressed into service to douse the flames.
"We got a call around 2:30 PM regarding fire in a transformer following which fire tenders were rushed to the spot. As the flames spread to neighbouring shops, the fire was upgraded to the level of medium fire. Around 25 fire tenders are working to douse the flames. A deputy fire official is on the spot to supervise the effort," said A K Sharma, Director Delhi Fire Services.
No casualty has been reported so far in the incident that took place in the highly congested Kinari Bazar area of Chandni Chowk.
"The blaze has taken place in the Old Delhi area's narrow lanes where movement of equipments, traffic and scarcity of water is hampering our efforts," said Sharma.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman