FIPB Clears 14 FDI Proposals Worth Rs 1,528 Crore
FIPB has approved foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals worth Rs 1,528.38 crore from 14 firms including ACME Solar Energy and Sinclairs Hotels.
The proposals were considered by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board at its meeting held on July 4.
It rejected the FDI proposals of six companies and deferred decision on seven others, said an official statement.
Of the proposals approved, pharma company Laurus Labs will invest Rs 600 crore; ACME - Rs 275; Sinclairs Hotels - Rs 41.52 crore and Golden Agri Resources (India) Rs 485.9 crore.
The proposals of Agilent Technologies, Christine ComarmondMargotin, HLG Enterprises, Gstaad Hotels and three others have been rejected.
In the case of Ventura (India) Pvt Ltd, government has asked it to re-approach FIPB with necessary court order.
Ventura sought approval for issuance of shares to a foreign IT company for acquiring its branch office in India pursuant to a court approved scheme of demerger.
Broadcasting firm INX Music Pvt Ltd has withdrew its proposal of undertaking additional activity of broadcasting of a non-news and current affairs channel.
There were three proposals that did not require FIPB approval -- Kemin Industries South Asia Pvt Ltd, Gavis Pharma LLC, USA and Ferrero India Pvt Ltd.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10