FIPB Clears 14 FDI Proposals Worth Rs 1,528 Crore
FIPB has approved foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals worth Rs 1,528.38 crore from 14 firms including ACME Solar Energy and Sinclairs Hotels.
The proposals were considered by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board at its meeting held on July 4.
It rejected the FDI proposals of six companies and deferred decision on seven others, said an official statement.
Of the proposals approved, pharma company Laurus Labs will invest Rs 600 crore; ACME - Rs 275; Sinclairs Hotels - Rs 41.52 crore and Golden Agri Resources (India) Rs 485.9 crore.
The proposals of Agilent Technologies, Christine ComarmondMargotin, HLG Enterprises, Gstaad Hotels and three others have been rejected.
In the case of Ventura (India) Pvt Ltd, government has asked it to re-approach FIPB with necessary court order.
Ventura sought approval for issuance of shares to a foreign IT company for acquiring its branch office in India pursuant to a court approved scheme of demerger.
Broadcasting firm INX Music Pvt Ltd has withdrew its proposal of undertaking additional activity of broadcasting of a non-news and current affairs channel.
There were three proposals that did not require FIPB approval -- Kemin Industries South Asia Pvt Ltd, Gavis Pharma LLC, USA and Ferrero India Pvt Ltd.
- ED Issues Fresh Summons to Zakir Naik in Money Laundering Case
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Would Have Been Better Had BJP Given Tickets To Muslims In Uttar Pradesh, Says Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- DU Girl Gurmehar Kaur Moves DCW Over 'Rape' Threats From ABVP Members
- ONGC May Acquire India's 3rd Largest Fuel Retailer HPCL For A Whopping Rs 44,000 Crore
- At Least 20 Children Injured After School Bus Overturns In Kanpur
- Commission Says Counterfeiters And Hackers Cost The US Close To 600 Billion A Year
- Academy Issues Apology Over Oscar Best Picture Gaffe
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events