Family Nabbed for Dowry, Woman Consumes Poison
A woman allegedly committed suicide after her husband and in-laws were sentenced to life imprisonment in a dowry death case by a local court here.
ASP Maan Singh said that Phoolwati (42) consumed poison after her husband Saroj and in-laws were sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his brother's wife for dowry.
The woman was apparently upset after the verdict was pronounced yesterday by special judge Chandrapal Singh.
He said that Phoolwati was admitted to hospital where she died during treatment.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10