Extremely Saddened About MP Temple Stampede: Prez
President Pranab Mukherjee today condoled the loss of lives in a stampede at Kamtanath Pahad Temple in Madhya Pradesh.
"I am extremely saddened to learn about the stampede at Kamtanath Pahad Temple in Madhya Pradesh, in which a number of devotees, including women lost their lives and many others were injured," the President said in his message to state Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
He called upon the state government and other authorities to provide all possible aid to the bereaved families as well as medical assistance to the injured.
Ten pilgrims, including six women, were killed today in an early morning stampede at the temple, about 80 kms from Satna district headquarters.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10