Ex-Armyman's Ear Cut Off After Tiff Over His Moustache
A retired army personnel had to pay with his ear in a tiff over his flowing moustache in rural Patna district, about 35 km from here.
Ramanuj Verma's left ear was cut off by two brothers Nanku and Bina Yadav, his friends and neighbours, with whom he shared drinks, station house officer (SHO) of Bihta police station Sanjit Kumar Sinha told PTI today.
The two had been teasing Verma over his moustache and his passion for it for some time.
According to a written complaint filed by Verma, he was on his way back home at Kauriya village from work, a job he had taken up since his retirement, on Monday evening when the quarrel broke out and the two brothers cut off his left ear with a sharp weapon.
An FIR has been registered on the basis of written complaint by Verma, the SHO said.
The man was rushed to a local hospital.
The two brothers are absconding since the incident and search is on for them, Sinha added.
FROM OUTLOOKProfileNarain Karthikeyan, gunning for the Formula 1, is the great Indian hope on the race track...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThe killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhanmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESWashington, June 22, India today urged the Unitedmore from WIRES>>>
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED