England Players Fined for Maintaining Slow Over-Rate
As if the loss was not enough, England's cricketers were fined 10 per cent of their match fees while their skipper Alastair Cook was docked 20 per cent of his earnings for maintaining a slow over-rate in the second one-dayer against India here.
"Ranjan Madugalle of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Alastair Cook's side was ruled to be one over short of its target at the end of the match when time allowances were taken into consideration," the ICC said in a statement.
In accordance with ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel regulations governing minor over-rate offences, players are fined 10 per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Cook was fined 20 per cent of his match fee while his players received 10 per cent fines. If Cook is found guilty of one more minor over-rate offence in ODIs over the next 12 months, he will receive a one-match suspension as per the provisions of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel.
The offence is contrary to Article 2.5.1 of the code which relates to minor over-rate offences. The penalty was accepted by England without contest so there was no need for a hearing.
India had won the match by 133 runs via the Duckworth-Lewis system
FROM OUTLOOKSportsNursing a badly bruised ego, a post-surgery Kiwiteam aim to rediscover the elusive art of flying...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNEWS ANALYSISUnpredictable in politics as in cricket, Navjot Simore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESK J M Varma Islamabad, Feb 7 (PTI) Former skmore from WIRES>>>
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- No Clue of Missing IAF Plane, Satellite Imagery Sought
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Clinton, Kaine Do Not Look Presidential: Trump
- Policeman Injured in Attack Dies, Toll in Kashmir Unrest 46
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Badal Seeks Australian Cooperation in Education, Agriculture
- Sharif's Statement on Kashmir 'Wishful Thinking': Pak Daily
- AAP Hits Out at PM Over the Arrest of Its MLA
- Curfew Continues in Five Districts of Kashmir
- Gujarat: Five Killed as Car Plunges into Canal
- Mayawati Accuses BJP of Preventing Dayashankar Singh's Arrest
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED