Encephalitis Toll in North Bengal Reaches 119
The toll due to "different types of Encephalitis" in north Bengal rose to 119 today while no new cases were reported in the last 24 hours in the state.
"One fresh death was reported from Coochbehar district in north Bengal and no new cases were reported from anywhere in the state," West Bengal Health Services Director Biswaranjan Satpathy told PTI.
Taking into account the death of 20 persons from other states in north Bengal due to Encephalitis, the toll was 139 since January this year, Satpathy said.
Claiming that the situation in the seven districts of north Bengal was under control, the medical officer said there has been no trace of the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) virus here in the city.
"The situation in other parts of the state is under control," Satpathy said.
- Sting Operation: BJP Lodges Complaint Against Odisha CM, BJD MLAs
- GDP Growth Slows Down to 7.1%, Lowest in 6 Quarters
- Bezwada Wilson, T.M. Krishna Receive Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Dhingra Committee Submits 182-Page Report on Haryana Land Deals
- Ola Drivers Gangrape 12-Yr-Old in Kolkata, Kill, Toss Her Body Into Canal
- Let the Late Russian's Family Keep London Silver: Yogeshwar
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Nobel Prize Winner Roger Tsien Dies, Helped Track Cells
- Discussed Wall Not Payment in Meeting With Mexican President: Trump
- Brazil's President Rousseff Ousted From Office by Senate
- Bring Poor, Weaker Sections to Party Fold, Modi Tells BJP's Rajya Sabha MPs
- At Nearly 43%, Muslims Have Highest Per Cent of Illiterates: Census
- Sensex Up 66 Points, Nifty Above 8,800 in Early Trade
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED