Emmy Awards to Pay Tribute to Robin Williams
With less than two weeks before the 66th annual Primetime Emmy Awards, the show's producers are set to prepare a tribute for Robin Williams following the actor's sudden demise earlier this week.
Producer Don Mischer did not reveal much about honouring the Mork & Mindy star, but promised to do it in a "meaningful way", reported Ace Showbiz.
"With the tragic loss of Robin, we're trying to deal with that and figure out what to do in the right, appropriate and meaningful way," he said.
"It's about what can we do to properly remember Robin and create perhaps an emotional moment about Robin, knowing all that he did for all of us who love entertainment and love comedy," he added.
Mischer worked with Williams on various projects in the past, including the short-lived 1977 revival of 'Laugh-In' where the comedian starred and HBO's 1982 special 'An Evening with Robin Williams'.
"We have done at least 30 shows with Robin through the years, going back into the 1980s. We all know what Robin meant to the television community and to everyone, and the unique take on comedy that he brought to all of us. It's about what can we do to properly remember Robin and create perhaps an emotional moment about him," Mischer said.
The 2014 Emmy Awards will take place on August 25.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10