Emma Watson Joins Turkish Women's Rebellion
Harry Potter star Emma Watson has joined a campaign set up by Turkish women to rebel against a politician who branded females "indecent" for laughing in public.
Earlier this week, the Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc insisted honest women should not laugh in public because it is disgusting, reported Telegraph online.
Females staged a protest on Twitter, setting up a campaign with the hashtag #DirenKahkaha, which translates to Resist Laugh, and posted pictures of themselves laughing in open spaces.
Watson, an ambassador for United Nations women, joined in and shared a picture of herself having a giggle at an outdoor restaurant.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10