Elvis Presley 'Pleaded' Ex-Wife to Take Him Back
'King of Rock and Roll' Elvis Presley begged his former wife Priscilla to take him back just weeks before his death, a new book has revealed.
Author Shirley Dieu, a long-time girlfriend of the late icon's former road manager and confidant Joe Esposito, recounts the story in her book 'Memphis Mafia Princess: Living In The Elvis World'.
Dieu, who interviewed Priscilla, says she she met Presley in July 1977, four years after their divorce. Presley died on August 16, same year, reported the Daily Express.
"I'm miserable. I want my family back. I miss the family times we all had. Lisa needs her mom and dad together," Presley had told Priscilla, according to the book.
He also told Priscilla he had no intention of marrying his new fiancee, 20-year-old Ginger Alden, who was devastated to discover she did not figure in his will after his death on August 16, Dieu wrote.
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Khalsa College Postpones Drama Event Till ABVP Drama Pacifies
- India Likely to Be Less Affected by Global Economic Shocks: IMF
- Ticket Collector Bites Off Senior Officer's Nose In A Fit Of Rage
- 60-Year-Old Poet Thrashed For Stopping DTC Bus Conductor From Urinating On Road
- 130 Bodies Of Fighters Beheaded By Rival Jihadists Found in Syria Mass Graves
- BMC Mayor Will Be From Our Party, BJP Used Deceitful Means to Destabilise Our Rule: Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman