Elders Want RS Chairman to Decide on Their Foreign Visits
A demand was raised in Rajya Sabha today to empower its Chairman and Vice Chairman to take decisions on crucial issues like permitting members for foreign visits and allotting rooms to parliamentary parties instead of such issues being dealt by Speaker, Lok Sabha.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Naresh Agarwal (SP) said, "It has become a precedent that Lok Sabha Speaker decides on issues of foreign visits of Rajya Sabha members, allotment of rooms to parliamentary parties."
He said "Article 80 and 81 of the Constitution through which Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha were constituted bestow similar priorities, privileges and responsibilities to members of both the Houses" but no decisions regarding Upper House members were taken by its Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Agarwal demanded such matters should be disposed of by Upper House Chairman and Vice Chairman besides constitution of a Committee for that. K C Tyagi (JD-U) supported the demand for formation of a committee to take such decisions.
Supporting him, Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad said, "Parliamentary Affairs Minister is here and we need to have a committee to go into this for a final decision."
Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu said, "Chairman can discuss the matter with representatives of political parties. Changes can be suggested in the system."
Kurien said, "I will report the matter to the Chairman, who will take an appropriate decision in this regard."
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan